Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calling bignate73

LeanTeen

Damn bro, I saw your pic as I unfortunately came across Frackal's ass somehow (it made my comp crash). You are huge, what is your back routine and what do you do specifically for your lats? Also, a lot of people at my gym tell me lats are easy to grow fast, is this true?

Keep up the HUGE work bro.

ive become very good actually with regards to my back lately. i used to muddle through my workouts using alot of momentum, or a very fast rep speed.

my workout looks like this:

2 warmup sets of pulldowns: rep speed. 2 sec pos. 2 sec neg. i keep this rep speed to ensure i dont swing the weight or use my lower back to pull back. im basically locked in with a slight lean back and a medium grip.

3 working sets with a pretty decent weight, but i dont break form. strong emphasis on the pull, when i hit the stick point i give a strong contraction and pull my tricep to my side, to ensure my lats contract. (just giving a visualization)

next 3-4 sets of bent rows or tbar rows. 2 sec pos/neg again. emphasis here is on the full contraction and keeping my shoulders set, i dont allow them to roll forward.it keeps the tension on the lats and also brings your romboids into play.

next...str bar pulldowns. fairly light weight so i dont use my triceps to pull down. slow rep speed again. i think about keeping my shoulders down and not letting tension off my lats....so at the top i dont "stretch". probably about 3 sets here.

the biggest thing i have found with my back training is the slower rep speed to ensure i keep constant muscle tension. i should be able to stop at any point in the motion controlled. alot of people use momentum in pulldowns and rows. i pull slowly to the stick point and then contract hard thru it to a slight isometric hold. its different than weight lifting in that its weight training. training thru a range of motion to stimulate the muscle, instead of shooting for a weight or number and slopping thru it to the goal. its made phenomenal strides for my training, and i actually get comments on my back as of late, when i used to consider it my weakest bodypart.

hope that helps. :)

Can you post the link to the thread/page with the picture.

I am always intersted in seeing people on this board.........'specialy the ones i take advice from.

Its always easier to take advice from huge buff dudes :D

Top Bottom