Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Buying an Xbox One Console Requires Waiving Right to Class Action Suits

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
Sony does the same. I'm lol'ing though at the prospect of the xbox 1 already having to downgrade from 1080 cause of overheating issues. FFS if that's true, for fuck fcuking sake. Tis why I will be likely steamboxing it in a year or so. I've been overclocking the shit out of my PC literally from day one and temps are normal....cause I got a case that lets it all breathe. If you're gonna cram all that hardware into a case barely bigger than alot of laptops, you have to water cool it period. Obviously that would have made xbox 1 hundreds of dollars more expensive. Stupid. Console gaming is so f'ing stupid.

Xbox one is simply the NSA box I wouldn't buy one. The plan is to actually by way of camera and mic to watch you and then target ads to you personally or to your group. Way to creepy for me and from what I have heard the camera and mic are now very very high tech as in the NSA helped MS out with them. I may be paranoid butt no way I will be getting one of those.

Xbox one is simply the NSA box I wouldn't buy one. The plan is to actually by way of camera and mic to watch you and then target ads to you personally or to your group. Way to creepy for me and from what I have heard the camera and mic are now very very high tech as in the NSA helped MS out with them. I may be paranoid butt no way I will be getting one of those.

you're absolutely not paranoid about the marketing thing. That was all I heard about for the last couple years in marketing school...what a holy grail it's going to be when facial recognition goes full on and camera's that take thermal imaging of your face while you're looking various products. Google makes a fuck ton of money from advertising, ms wants in on the new wave of marketing. And sony will do the same. This is why they've been battling for living room dominance, they want to control the living room advertising portal. Alot of money there if they pull it off....a whole fucking lot. The NSA stuff wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but that seems to be a bit too paranoid.

Sony does the same. I'm lol'ing though at the prospect of the xbox 1 already having to downgrade from 1080 cause of overheating issues. FFS if that's true, for fuck fcuking sake. Tis why I will be likely steamboxing it in a year or so. I've been overclocking the shit out of my PC literally from day one and temps are normal....cause I got a case that lets it all breathe. If you're gonna cram all that hardware into a case barely bigger than alot of laptops, you have to water cool it period. Obviously that would have made xbox 1 hundreds of dollars more expensive. Stupid. Console gaming is so f'ing stupid.

??

Console gaming is awesome if done right. I like PC gaming too, but if it were meant to be the be-all, end-all, it would've happened by now.

you're absolutely not paranoid about the marketing thing. That was all I heard about for the last couple years in marketing school...what a holy grail it's going to be when facial recognition goes full on and camera's that take thermal imaging of your face while you're looking various products. Google makes a fuck ton of money from advertising, ms wants in on the new wave of marketing. And sony will do the same. This is why they've been battling for living room dominance, they want to control the living room advertising portal. Alot of money there if they pull it off....a whole fucking lot. The NSA stuff wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but that seems to be a bit too paranoid.

Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | The Guardian

[Update] Report: Skype Monitoring Began In Early 2011, No Changes In 2012 Under Microsoft Ownership - News - www.GameInformer.com

Confirmed: NSA Paid Google, Microsoft, Others Millions for PRISM Aid

Microsoft was the first to join PRISM, and chances are they've been in bed with the government at least ever since the whole anti-trust suit over a decade ago. Kinda makes a person wonder, having been initiated and settled by the DoJ, really, even after almost half the states along with DC were in dissent of the ruling.

The last thing they wanted was a war with the government, so they likely made a "deal" with them instead. Ironic for them to claim they "don't collect user data" but then turn around and say they "provide customer data only in response to legal processes." So, which is it lol? Of course everyone collects user data: Microsoft, Sony, Steam, Apple, Google, etc.. So why deny it. Microsoft likely has the most reason and ability to.

Take everything they say about "privacy" with a big grain of bath salt.

Top Bottom