Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Breast Implants and Lifting?

~peaches~

Banned
A friend of mine, who is in figure comps, just got her boobs done, her doctor advised her since she lifted weights that the implants should go above the muscle? They look great, and other than the boobs being a few to many cc's for her small frame, they look pretty damn natural( she got the gummy bear implants.) I want implants, and I plan on getting them this year, I had decided on getting them under the muscle, but now after talking my friend, I am reconsidering.

I have looked up several different sites and can not really find solid advice from plastic surgeons on this subject. SO, what type of placement is better for women who lift weights?

~peaches~ said:
A friend of mine, who is in figure comps, just got her boobs done, her doctor advised her since she lifted weights that the implants should go above the muscle? They look great, and other than the boobs being a few to many cc's for her small frame, they look pretty damn natural( she got the gummy bear implants.) I want implants, and I plan on getting them this year, I had decided on getting them under the muscle, but now after talking my friend, I am reconsidering.

I have looked up several different sites and can not really find solid advice from plastic surgeons on this subject. SO, what type of placement is better for women who lift weights?
I debated about the placement of my implants for a longgg time. I know people who have both under and over the muscle. Here are the pros and cons from what I had gathered:

Above the muscle
* Less recovery time from surgery because it tends to be less invasive
* If you are a competitor who will be flexing those muscles aside from regular weightlifting, the implants will be unaffected by the poses.
* Cleavage is better if you have them above the muscle
* Moves less aturally with the body when you're moving (I THINK... I might have this one backwards...)

CONS of it:
* Sagging will occur earlier than if you have them put below because the muscle isn't there to hold them in place as well

Below the muscle
* Longer recovery time from surgery because it's more invasive
* Sit higher during recovery until they settle in
* Will stay perky for longer because the muscle holds them in place
* Moves more naturally with the body

CONS of it:
* Lifting is put off until the chest muscles heal
* Poses can affect how the pectoral muscles appear
* Adjusting to the motions of the newimplant can be awkward

I ended up getting under the muscle saline and I'm THRILLED with them. I was afraid I wouldn't have cleavage and I do... I was thrilled my recovery would be ridiculously long... and it wasn't. I was lifting in the gym 1 month later and 2 months later all my lifts are higher than ever! :) Mine have softened very quickly and they fell very fast -- I took a week I wasn't working and had it done (just before Thanksgiving) and I was great when I came back.

It was really the best thing I did for myself (other than lose 110 lbs first... hehe -- thus the implants! Had to fix mine up!) I don't notice any weird appearances when I'm in the gym and lifting directly with my chest -- it's a weird feeling to have the implant undr the muscle when lifting... but only the first or second time you lift. After that I don't even notice it.

Hope that helps.

You'll hear different things from different docs. I told my doc I was a BB and he said it really didn't matter. Mine are under salines. I think you'll find more BBs w/ overs, but also it will depend on how much skin you have to work with. I really didnt' like the idea of a bag of 500cc of water being held in by some skin myself. I started training for a BB competition 3 months after I got mine. I asked very specifically about if there was any impact on my ability to build my chest or if lifting would hurt anything and he said no.

But then I"ve talked to other girls who were told explicitly don't lift it will f* up your implants. Which seems very strange to me because I think you'd hear ALOT more stories about blow outs from competitors... I've never heard of it. I've only once seen a blow out (Dyana Cadeau years ago, but I don't know how that happened so can't say anything about it). I've certainly never had any problems and I've trained for 6 shows & completed 3 since I had mine done.

I think what you should do is find a couple diff docs who have done sports / strength / physique competitors and do consults w/ them.

I think in the first 1 -3 months you need to pay attention tho - primarily because your body is first healing and then trying to get back to normal around them, but otherwise, only "issue" is when I do chest work there's sort of a weird contraction of the implants under the muscle - it only looks weird tho.

i vote you just stay all natural! i read this forum because im a paramedic and thought i might have some advice from a medical view

Last edited:
mr.e3217 said:
i vote you just stay all natural! i read this forum because im a paramedic and thought i might have some advice from a medical view

I am a nurse :)

Thanks for the advice ladies, I am not planning on doing anything for atleast 6 months, but I will take your advice into consideration.

~peaches~ said:
I am a nurse :)

Thanks for the advice ladies, I am not planning on doing anything for atleast 6 months, but I will take your advice into consideration.

I vote you get them done! oh yea and dont forget to go BIG as you dont want to wish you did later................. :mix:

Vicks said:
is there no wonder "juice" that one can use to enlarge and firm up???

you could try synthol....but i would highly avoid that, who wants to look like greg valentino?

Im Finally getting mine done 550ccs and because I left very heavy and have very hard pecs the DR wants to do over the muscle.. Silicone of course! Surgery is next month! Cant wait!

Top Bottom