Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bought some Biotest Surge

johnny iron

Last week, I bought some Surge by Biotest. It's there new postworkout formula which contains a combination of hydrolyzed whey, glucose and BCAA's in good ratios. You can tell when opening the container it's hydrolyzed whey by the smell:( After mixing it with some water, the taste is actually pretty good. I'm not saying it's as good as a decent MRP, but it's something you can tolerate. Kind of a vanilla/almond taste. With all those carbs, it's no surprise. Anyway, i did get a very good deal on it, just over cost, which IMO, is still too much. You can create a similar formula at the protein factory for about half the price. I'll fill all of you in on the results, it's still to early to tell. Three workouts so far.

Yeah, I made the protein factory's psycho post workout blend-the one from their news article. I mix the protein blend with maltofern. It is much better than Biotest price wise. The taste, like they say, POND SCUM!!!! I got used to it though. I bet Biotest tastes better. They are pretty good in that area.

Later

Thanks for the info from both of you. I've been tempted to try Surge. Biotest claims this shit will be like gettin high. I had no idea protein-factory has a similar way to make your own. Please keep me/us updated if you notice any results.

Growin, I also tried the "psycho formula" and added a combo of dextrose and maltodextrin to it. I adjusted it to a total 35/65 protein carb ratio, the protein part being strictly from the psycho formula. The taste wasn't all that bad, I'm so used to bad tasting product, lol. Came out to around 7 dollars a pound if i remember correctly, including the Aminogen. Will order again. I just want to see how surge turns out for me for now. Bought 4 of those bad boys.

Freak Show, as far as the gettin high part, I've yet to experience it. Tim Patterson said in that article the reason it happened is because he hadn't eaten in hours, neither had I during two of my workouts. No feelings of getting knocked out. Biotest does have the best tasting MRP's IMO, so it's no shocker they made a hydrolyzed whey product taste decent. Keep in mind though the amount of sugar in there:eek:

When I used the psycho formula for a couple months, I did notice that i never had a cold (i have a crappy immune system), muscles felt like my first creatine experience after a month or so, and i did get steady gains from a new workout program, so i really do believe a hydrolyzed whey product will help. I think surge will have a similar effect, though not nearly as much as they advertise.

I have been using the "psycho" formula for about 3 months now. The first month of that I was still on Fina/Winny/Prop, so that's not really fair. These last 2 months have seen steady improvements though. I think the added glutamine and BCAA's have helped recuperation.

For those of you who don't know what this psycho formula is, here is the breakdown as presented on the
http://www.proteinfactory.com/frames2.htm site.

For the Psycho bodybuilder who will drink pond scum if it boosted protein synthesis. This formula mimics what are gut absorbs and recommended by Dr. Bucci. Add maltodextrin or dextrose after a workout.

30% hydrolyzed 520

25% casein

10% hydrolyzed casein

8% Glutamine peptides

4% BCAA

3% L-Glutamine

20% Whey (isolate or Concentrate)

I use 2 scoops of this, roughly 40g protein, in addition to 2 scoops of maltofern which adds roughly 80g carbs. The best part, is that it looks like vomit, and tastes kinda like bitter apple jacks. Yumm!!!

You guys are beyond naive if you truly expected to get the out of body experience TP described from sugar and whey.

I just got vanilla and chocolate advanced protein. I have been using a similar formulation form protein factory. All I can say is WOW what a difference in taste. Biotest makes some tasty shit. I will still order from protein factory cause the quality is great and prices are low, but now that I'm earning some good money, might as well give myself a treat from time to time.

Top Bottom