Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bottles for Protein Shake...

StewDogg

This is sort of a weird question....but.... I pack my shake in bottle, powder only, then at the gym add water and drink. Problem I'm having is the smell of the bottles even after washed is really bad. Had to retire one that's a few months old because nothing helps it. One thing I'm going to try is instead of just throwing the bottle in my bag when done, wash it ot with water even though I can't fully wash it on the spot with soap.

Anybody else have tips and tricks?

TIA

After you mix it up and drink it, just rinse it out immediately after you get done drinking it. Especially if its going to be several hours before you can actually wash it.

Put the protein in a separate container during the day. Then mix with water, drink, then wash it out with water.

dude i have an extremely bad habit of drinking my protein shake on my way home from the gym and then leaving it in my car for like 2 days(i live in cali so its hot). and then my bottles smell like a dog ate its own shit then puked it out. i had to throw like 4 bottles away the other day. anyways just put it in a sandwich bag so it doesnt sit in the cup for ever.

lol thats just the smell dude. its unavoidable sometimes. my dick head friend always used one of my blender ball bottles and never rinsed it out good. to 2 of them 2 and now theyre both fucked. i even tried boiling them in a big pot, didnt help at all. scubbing the shit out of every part of it with a coarse sponge and really hot water and dish soap helps.

Rinse the cup out asap but if you forget let the cup sit with hot water and baking soda in it for a little while before running it threw the dishwasher. Not really sure if it would help if you leave it in the hot ass car for a few days Lmao. Ive done this a few times and it worked for me.

How odd. I've never noticed this problem with any of my shaker bottles -- and it's not as if I wash them out right away either. Sometimes they may sit for a couple days in my gym bag, the shake having long since been drunk. Maybe my nose is just insensitive to that kind of smell.

Anyway, I usually remove the shaker from my bag soon after I get home and, if I can't wash it out properly right away, fill it with hot water and a couple drops of dish soap, shake the soapy mixture and let it sit until I finally do wash it. With more soap and warm water, a sponge, a hard dish brush, and sometimes a long knife to remove any protein shake residue from the bottom of the cup.

Top Bottom