Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bicep curl science

NessD

Hey all, so i been lifting on and off for about 6 years or more so im not exactly new to this but i had a question about bicep curls. So i'd say for the last 2 years or so, i have been doing standing bicep curls with either dumbells or a barbell but for some reason i stopped getting the huge pump and very little if any soreness at all even after going to faliure. So for what ever reason i decided to try sitting curls and i got a huge pump in my bi's and was sore for 3 days after.

Question is, what is the science or broscience behind this?

You body will accommodate to any program and you will stop making gains. In order to avoid this you have to keep changing things up and shocking your body. Think about it, If your not challenging your body than why would it need to get better? This is why it stays the same and alot of the people you see in the gym never progress. Dont be afraid to try some new things and push the envelope.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

How about - try upping the weight?
Also:
Best exercises for bicep growth
#1 heavy deadlift
#2 heavy squat
#3 seated incline curl

Yes - in this order!

Body adapts just like anything else you do! Like my dudes said above switch it up to shock the body into growth which has no choice but to adjust and grow!

How about - try upping the weight?
Also:
Best exercises for bicep growth
#1 heavy deadlift
#2 heavy squat
#3 seated incline curl

Yes - in this order!

Not being an asshole at all here and am intrigued and confused how squats and deadlifts make biceps grow. Please explain this to me

The best exercises for bicep growth are back compound movements. There was a period of time that I did no direct bicep work but got mad growth. All from doing heavy barbell rows, DB rows, Tbar rows, weighted pull ups, etc...

Kill your fucking back and your bi's will grow ;)

Best bicep results I've had are from pull ups and various rows, like others have stated above. Working larger muscle groups like back also get the body to up natural hormone output than isolations of little muscle groups

Not being an asshole at all here and am intrigued and confused how squats and deadlifts make biceps grow. Please explain this to me

Simply put compound movements cause the biggest muscle growth by stimulating more muscle fibers than isolation moves. Like a few of the other posters said even if you did no curls at all and did a shitload of back work and squats and dl your arms would still be huge in time. There is no need to put so much emphasis on arm training, just hit.compound moves and do a little arm specific work at the end of training then eat like a man and watch them grow.

Simply put compound movements cause the biggest muscle growth by stimulating more muscle fibers than isolation moves. Like a few of the other posters said even if you did no curls at all and did a shitload of back work and squats and dl your arms would still be huge in time. There is no need to put so much emphasis on arm training, just hit.compound moves and do a little arm specific work at the end of training then eat like a man and watch them grow.

^^^^^ this !!!

Top Bottom