Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

benching in the new gym

Carmen

Elite Mentor
Platinum
the new gym is cool, the weightlifting area (free weights. they have a LARGE curcuit machine and dumbell area upstairs, as well as more dumbells and squat racks and benches and hammerstrength in the basement) is nice and breezy and the floor is rubber.
i just benched 2 days ago, but i bench twice a week and i can't go tomorrow so i just went today at 4, with a bad cold and a horrible sore throat.
decline bench:
155 x 5
155 x 6
155 x 5
135 x 8
i was exhausted then and not feeling well.
did some pec work on the hammerstrength machines with a couple of 45s on it, then lat pulldowns, dumbell rows (60lbs x 10 x 3), and i started to do shrugs but i was too tired so i went home.

The new gym sounds pretty cool. I haven't been able to find a true weight lifting gym in my area so I'm forced to go to 24 Hour Fitness... ACK! They have a great selection of free weights, but a majority of the people who go there are annoying and can't understand why I would actually want to use the weights for anything other than looking cool.

You really should take it easy on yourself when you're not feeling well. Benching twice a week? If that works well for you then awesome. When I was younger I could bench twice a week and feel stronger every workout. These days I stick to once a week for the sake of my shoulders. :)

It sounds like you're doing great and enjoying yourself. Keep at it!

dirty~d~ said:
The new gym sounds pretty cool. I haven't been able to find a true weight lifting gym in my area so I'm forced to go to 24 Hour Fitness... ACK! They have a great selection of free weights, but a majority of the people who go there are annoying and can't understand why I would actually want to use the weights for anything other than looking cool.

You really should take it easy on yourself when you're not feeling well. Benching twice a week? If that works well for you then awesome. When I was younger I could bench twice a week and feel stronger every workout. These days I stick to once a week for the sake of my shoulders. :)

It sounds like you're doing great and enjoying yourself. Keep at it!

i think i'm older than you- 37. i bench flat one day and declines 3-4 days later- i brought my bench from 155 to 170 in a few months so i'm happy.
this new gym is just like a 24 hour fitness, but its got everything i want so thats ok. :)

Youll get back into it! I know how it is coming back weaker. The good thing is it comes back faster (usually within a few months) and often times I come back stronger. Might be cuz Im so pissed about the loss, it fires me up. Im going through that right now myself on the benches. The hurricane knocked me back a bit. I was bencing twice a week myself, but have had to lay off a little due to my shoulders. I would do inclines on sundays and flats on thursdays. Over 40 sets of chest a week, most sets to failure. It adds up. Keep KILLING that shit!!

WalkingBeast said:
Youll get back into it! I know how it is coming back weaker. The good thing is it comes back faster (usually within a few months) and often times I come back stronger. Might be cuz Im so pissed about the loss, it fires me up. Im going through that right now myself on the benches. The hurricane knocked me back a bit. I was bencing twice a week myself, but have had to lay off a little due to my shoulders. I would do inclines on sundays and flats on thursdays. Over 40 sets of chest a week, most sets to failure. It adds up. Keep KILLING that shit!!

thanks... but i haven't been away from the gym. lol..
my old gym shut down, but i got free memberships to a few local ones for a bit so i have been working out. i just got this cold 2 days ago- so it hasn't stopped me from lifting- i was deadlifting two days ago. only 200 but i'm going slow.

Sugarplum said:
thanks... but i haven't been away from the gym. lol..
my old gym shut down, but i got free memberships to a few local ones for a bit so i have been working out. i just got this cold 2 days ago- so it hasn't stopped me from lifting- i was deadlifting two days ago. only 200 but i'm going slow.

:FRlol: :FRlol: Atleast you can still deadlift! I tried 405 recently and pulled out my back once again. Deadlifts may not be in my future. Was fun while it lasted. I always lift when Im sick also. Dont see the point in stopping. TRAIN OR FUCKING DIE!!!!

WalkingBeast said:
:FRlol: :FRlol: Atleast you can still deadlift! I tried 405 recently and pulled out my back once again. Deadlifts may not be in my future. Was fun while it lasted. I always lift when Im sick also. Dont see the point in stopping. TRAIN OR FUCKING DIE!!!!

throwing out my back is the reason i was only deadlifting 200. i sprained my sacral joint once and thought i'd be using a walker before i turned 40, so i'm pretty cautious. it still hurts sometimes, but i'm careful about deadlifting and have pretty much given up being able to do squats.

Top Bottom