Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench PR

Sugarplum said:
there is a very accurate chart used to convert 1rm's. i'm betting he could do 420 under optimal conditions.

Okay, so then what would mine be?

I repped 405 for 6 yesterday, while doing sets of 10 up to that with 275, 325, and 365.

My guess is that im around 475 but dont know if i want to abuse my shoulders that much.

TheOak84 said:
yes i did 365 easliy. i will try again in a few weeks hopefully ill get 385

If 365 was easy, then 385 shouldnt be a question. 405 should be your next big challenge and goal.

cwick0 said:
If 365 was easy, then 385 shouldnt be a question. 405 should be your next big challenge and goal.
Too bad it doesnt work that way bro...you know that...365 can be cake and 375 can pin your ass............

Ahh...if 365 was easy, then it shouldnt be that difficult.

However, it all depends on how much you are use to going up each set, say 20 then TheOak should be fine, however, if increments are 10 then it could be a problem.

nice pr
I started my last culking cycle benching about the same, and 8 weeks in hit a very easy 405, so you are likely very close to that for 1rep max, if not there already

cwick0 said:
Ahh...if 365 was easy, then it shouldnt be that difficult.

However, it all depends on how much you are use to going up each set, say 20 then TheOak should be fine, however, if increments are 10 then it could be a problem.

couldn't agree more with this. make big jumps when going for a 1RM. i like to do it how WSB does on ME days. bigger jumps in weight, doing only 3 reps til that gets a little heavy, then drop to singles, till you fail. so if you were gonna go for 405, do something like 185, 225,275,315 (all for 3 reps) then singles 365, 385 then 405.
IMO there is no point in wasting energy in doing some reps when going for a 1RM. this will simply burn you out, and effect your 1RM. do only the necessary work to get you warmed up.

cwick0 said:
Great.

1rm would probable be around 385 on a great day. It is a bitch once passing the 315 mark, it takes a lot longer to make great strides.

Awesome work brother!! Sounds like you KILLED that shit! I hit 315 for 10 reps also. (9 3/4) And Id estimate my max in the 390's. I hit 380 after 3 sets to failure and am sure I couldve added some more weight on the bar if I focused on max for the workout. Everyones different though. Keep KILLING that shit brother!!

Top Bottom