Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench PR

TheOak84

i set a new PR, but not in a max. i hit 315 for 10. it was great i wanted at least 7, but i did 8 so easily i said dammit, ill do one for my weak ass training partner and one for my momma. it went like this:

135x12
225x5
275x3
295x1
315x10

i got a lil spot halfway through the last rep, it was in the middle then all triceps from there to lock out. locking out was a bitch. prolly cuz my tris never handled that much weight for that many reps. i hit 295 for 8 on close grip 4 days prior. and weighted dips like none other.

i spent so much energy on that set my incline blew. either way, it was a dam good chest workout. i finished with 3 sets of decline press and did delts

side raises - 15x15, 20x12, 25x10, 30x8
db military - 50, 60, 70, 80 x8-10
machine military/front raises* - 100 - 2x10, 20 - 2x10

* - superset

i didnt have alot of time, my friend had to go to class, i wanted to do shrugs/reardelts but o well, i guess ill either save them for later or do them with back tomaro

Illuminati said:
congrats on the 315x10.
did you say you hit 295x8 on close grip? what's you 1RM?

i dunno about 1pm on close grip, never tried. i only test maxes on flat bench, deads, and squats, uaualy every 10 weeks.

excellent!!
you're 1rm is probably 420-425 if thats your 10rm. thats a great bench!

TheOak84 said:
i dunno about 1pm on close grip, never tried. i only test maxes on flat bench, deads, and squats, uaualy every 10 weeks.

i just re-read what i wrote. ment to ask what your 1RM was on regular bench.

Great.

1rm would probable be around 385 on a great day. It is a bitch once passing the 315 mark, it takes a lot longer to make great strides.

cwick0 said:
Great.

1rm would probable be around 385 on a great day. It is a bitch once passing the 315 mark, it takes a lot longer to make great strides.

there is a very accurate chart used to convert 1rm's. i'm betting he could do 420 under optimal conditions.

cwick0 said:
Great.

you think so? i thought it was a bitch just getting to the 315 mark. i made a quick jump from 315 to 350.

Im speaking more of volume. I usually dont go up until i can get something for 10 reps, hence im fucking stuck on 405. Not really stuck, but taking longer than i want to make the gain.

I think 1rm are complete bullshit. What good do they do, other than build ones ego. Okay, maybe they give you something to strive for, but common. I think and suspect a lot of injuries have resulted from 1 rep maxes.

Top Bottom