Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench PR

Illuminati

Hit a PR of 350 thursday on bench at a body weight of 205, lifting raw. gonna push myself to hit the 4 plate mark by the end of the year. Any words of advice???

have someone really pay attention to your more "max" lifts and see where you tend to slow down. that way you can do a little preemptive training to avoid the weak points and keep on progressing without sticking. getting up pretty heavy, make sure those rotators and lats are strong.

Congrats on the PR.

Here are some of the techniques i have utilized to ascertain a 405lb bench:

3 sets of 10 at the same weight for 3-4 weeks
sets of 10 as high as you can go for 3-4 weeks
5x5 for 3-4 weeks
sets of 5-6 reps as high as you can go for 3-4 weeks.

good luck,
wick

Congrats! As Nate said, make sure to prehab those shoulders with external rotations and other exercises.

thanks to everyone that replied.

today i did another ME Bench day. i decided to work with my bands (i have a set of the mini's, lights, and averages.) i maxed out on suspended bench (i have a post about it in the PL forum) because i struggle with my lock out. after i did the suspended bench, i worked up to a triple max on regular bench, with the mini's. my tri's were killin me after all this, then on to some chest supported rows, seated rows, lying db ext, and then some heavy flat flies.

ill keep you all updated on my quest for 4 plates...

cwick0 said:
Congrats on the PR.

Here are some of the techniques i have utilized to ascertain a 405lb bench:

3 sets of 10 at the same weight for 3-4 weeks
sets of 10 as high as you can go for 3-4 weeks
5x5 for 3-4 weeks
sets of 5-6 reps as high as you can go for 3-4 weeks.

good luck,
wick

405?? :FRlol: :FRlol: Your too hard on yourself brother!! You max more then that!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

Awesome work brother!! Sounds like your closing in on the 405 mark!! Speed bench seems to help me with the explosiveness and speed. 45-65% of one rep max is the reccomended amount of weight to use, for 10 sets of 3 reps. Three reps should be completed in around 3 seconds to give you an idea. 30 seconds rest between sets. I add it at the end of one of my bench routines. KILL THAT SHIT!!

Top Bottom