Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench PR!!

thriller said:

if PL is arching your back then....im more of a BB style....i try and flex my chest as hard as i can and push as fast as possible...

not exactly...has to do with pinching your shoulder blades together, somewhat narrower grip, utilizing leg drive...a search will do better justice and I'm too tired to get into the details (can't sleep, can't stay awake...).

I can still remeber the first time I put up 225, now I can do it 15 times. It's only been a few years, did it naturally too. I'm only 22 now. That's where you are headed man. Congrats!

Nonerz said:

not exactly...has to do with pinching your shoulder blades together, somewhat narrower grip, utilizing leg drive...a search will do better justice and I'm too tired to get into the details (can't sleep, can't stay awake...).

Hey Nonerz, do you compete??

only with myself! I consider myself a newbie with experience! I've been consistently lifting since August 2002, with a lot of adjustments along the way! I really enjoy the PL style bench, which I learned from bignate73 and the boards here. Funny thing though, this one guy at the gym tried to correct me, saying I needed to widen my grip, yada-yada-yada!

I still don't know what avenue of "fitness" I'd like to really dig in to...just got hired as a kickboxing instructor at 24 hr fitness, but that is just for fun right now. Who knows...maybe one day I'll get the bug to compete, but I have a long way to go!

Nonerz said:
only with myself! I consider myself a newbie with experience! I've been consistently lifting since August 2002, with a lot of adjustments along the way! I really enjoy the PL style bench, which I learned from bignate73 and the boards here. Funny thing though, this one guy at the gym tried to correct me, saying I needed to widen my grip, yada-yada-yada!

I still don't know what avenue of "fitness" I'd like to really dig in to...just got hired as a kickboxing instructor at 24 hr fitness, but that is just for fun right now. Who knows...maybe one day I'll get the bug to compete, but I have a long way to go!

You know more about benching than I do.. I just push the damn bar ;) . Maybe I should try out some of these techniques like using a leg drive. I'd really like to get 300, I can do 270 or so. My best friend's always been stronger than me on the bench - I'd love to pass him up for once!

I am just rehashing what I learned here! :) If I were you, I'd definitely hit up the sticky's on the PL board! They go into quite a bit of detail with much better explanations than I could ever give you.

Implementing the leg drive has been fun for me...and a bit of a challenge because I tend to forget to do it! It's still pretty new to me, but when I DO hit it, I can really feel the difference.

I'd venture to say that you'd be able to hit 3 plates using the leg drive (with a bit of practice)! You're friend may have a better bench, but how is his squat?! <-----personal favorite pastime! :)

Nonerz said:
I am just rehashing what I learned here! :) If I were you, I'd definitely hit up the sticky's on the PL board! They go into quite a bit of detail with much better explanations than I could ever give you.

Implementing the leg drive has been fun for me...and a bit of a challenge because I tend to forget to do it! It's still pretty new to me, but when I DO hit it, I can really feel the difference.

I'd venture to say that you'd be able to hit 3 plates using the leg drive (with a bit of practice)! You're friend may have a better bench, but how is his squat?! <-----personal favorite pastime! :)

I got him beat on squats, but he beats my ass on a mountain bike. We rode about 12-15 miles in the Santa Monica mountains and that nearly killed me... lol. He's always been competetive - I should invite him over for a session of squats. :p

I've looked over the stickies and experimented with some things like box squats and benching with chains. I should stick with that stuff, but I enjoy doing the regular lifts. Maybe when I get stuck in a rut I'll switch it up.

Sorry to hijack your post, thriller. Doing 2 plates has a great psychological effect! Just keep at it.. stay with 185 - 205 for sets and pretty soon you'll be repping with 225.

Top Bottom