Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench issue.... i dont understand it

WannaBPowerful

I dont understand it.

I have friends that bench everyday. No recovery period. Big bench workouts too. And they get bigger strength gains than anyone. I have one friend that started benchin 185 and was at 285 in a year. And im 100 percent sure he didnt touch a suppliment. ALL my other friends that bench every day have had similar gains. Iv done everything short of benchin like them every day and havent had close gains. They aren't new to lifting, just started liftin evey day and it started working. How is this possible?! Isnt this against everything science and people say? How do they not need a recovery day or at least two. Can anyone explain this?

I smell a rat here. If your friends bench every single day, when do they get time to train back, hams, gluetes, abs, quads etc. etc? I think what is happening here is that the human body is so adaptable that it will become accustomed to benching every day and will eventually take this in its stride, seeing that the rest of the body does not get taxed very much. Also, let's face it, benching is by far the "easiest" of the three powerlifts. I mean, ask these same friends to deadlift heavy every day and see how long they can keep it up!

Having said this, there is a point to be made for increasing the training volume to very high levels, like weightlifters do.

They dont

They usuially train nothing but benching. They arent powerlifters though. They just lift to lift. And all they do is bench. Flat, incline, and decline. Then they are done. But they do a ton of sets and never plan anything. Just go in and do it.

I got a couple of jerkoffs in my weightlifting class that do that upset they do bench everyday and tri's and they've gotten weaker and have chicken legs then wonder why I just sit back and watch them while laughing. Hey 100lbs in a year is good but not awesome. You can go up more by getting a good 2 day minimum recovery under your belt for chest/tris/shoulders, when it comes to benching.

I wouldn't diss it that fast--- that's how many elite atheltes train. It's called potentiating the nervous system. The trick is never to go to failure. If, however, they DO go to failure then I can't explain it....

-ZUlu

my sentiments exactly the mann

that doesnt make sense at all........ even if they arnt going to failure

powerlifters like those who train westside.....use bands and other recovery workouts

not blast blast blast everyday.

who knows.

X

I'm still very much a newbie, but from what I understand it DOES work. THe reasoning is that it is the NERVOUS system not the muscles which make you stronger.

You can strengthen or largen your triceps as much as you want but it's the nervous system that let's you lift big weights. And the nervous system works best when you do an exercise OFTEN but not too failure (too prevent soreness, lactic acid, etc). People who advocate this include experts like Pavel Tsatsouline who BenchPress and Deadlift everyday. If you look at the guy he looks like he'd crumble deadlifting 200 pounds yet he deadlifts 600 pounds+.

The nervous system is essential to training and very often used. Using waves, supra maximal weights, etc....

*prepares to get flamed*

-Zulu

nope,the question marks are directed to bench pressing everyday in general.i have also read an article in powerlifting usa about that type of training ,it sure would drop my ass to just keep benching..................

Top Bottom