Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Belts for dips

Vash

The local shops around here don't have any belts in stock. Was checking around at Bodybuilding.com and saw they have 2 dipping belts, 1 leather and 1 nylon. I have a nylon belt already but I was wondering what advantages, other than saying you parade around with cow ass on you, is there to a leather over a nylon? At a price difference of a nickel I couldn't decide and thought it better to ask here.

Never tried the nylon one out I have a leather one and it works very well....also useful for pullups\chins and I think it is rated to hold over 200 lbs....

try elitefts.com...I got mine from there and use it for dips and chinups/pullups...works real nice...they carry some good shit imo

I made my own belt and it works great. I just went to home depot, bought a couple feet of chain, some clear plastic tubing to go over the chain, and a metal latch. Cost me between 10-15 bucks total, it's rated for 300+ pounds, and it works great.

My only concern is that once I start using big weights it might get a little uncomfortable since there isn't really any padding, but I've used it up to 75 lbs. without any trouble.

That IS rad, Psilo.

I wish I'd tried to make my own dipping belt back in '98. For some reason or another, the belt at my Gold's would go missing about every third week without fail. The rare times I caught the cute girl behind the counter between her many cigarette breaks, I'd ask where the thing was. She just giggled and asked back, "A what belt?"

My solution? I got a .5" cotton rope, a towel, and grabbed the plates I needed. I wrapped the towel 'round my waist, then tied that rope nice and tight about the hips. Then I'd run the loose end of the rope through the plates and knot it securely (sometimes it was hard to pick that fucker loose again).

This hurt like hell over 75 lbs. 90 and up was really painful. Even with a thick towel it'd leave marks on my skin, but it had its ups, too: after all of that effort to just attach the weight, I HAD to do a set from hell :)

I only did that a few times. By that point, the gym was under new management, and the belt stopped disappearing ;)

Illuminati said:
psilo...that's a bad ass idea for making your own belt. what size chain links did you use?

They aren't big at all, chain is surprisingly strong, even with relatively small links. I'd say the diameter of the plastic tubing is about .75 inches in total; I just picked the biggest chain that would fit snugly inside it.

No belt

I put the 35/45 between my knee and it works

Going to order one today, liking the chain in the tube idea but I don't think I have the courage to ghetto rig something like that = )

eh... if you don't make your own, i'd go with the leather. i would suspect the nylon would have the tendancy to bunch up, while the leather won't bunch up ensuring the weight is distributed more evenly over your lower back.

just my .02

Top Bottom