Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beer-delivery drone grounded by FAA

What's bringing this issue to the forefront is the promise of Lithium Sulfur batteries. Right now, electric motors and lithium polymer batteries limit us to 15-25 minute flight times.

It's really frustrating, because as you add battery capacity it increases take-off weight -- but usually you come - out ahead. But then your amperage requirements per motor requirements go up, so you go to a higher rated motor. But that drives your weight up (it's a vicious cycle).

Lithium Sulfur is four times the energy density of lithium polymer. That means hour+ flight times, which makes a lot of new applications possible.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My cawk gets so hard when you PhD EE speak

just sayin'

Sounds like the space travel problem with fuel weight

It's that problem on steroids. Battery-powered things just suck.

But with multicopters, you need the quick response time of electric motors -- ethanol/gasoline just wouldn't cut it.

But there are some projects where they generate electricity from an onboard combustion engine which charges a battery that in turn powers the rotators. That would be on hell of a challenge imo.

2ef6k5s.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my latest multicopter. That frame looks small, but it actually takes 14" carbon fiber propellers on each motor and those are Tiger U3 power series motors. If my calculations are correct, it should have a thrust to mass ratio of at least three to one and probably closer to four to one.

2ef6k5s.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my latest multicopter. That frame looks small, but it actually takes 14" carbon fiber propellers on each motor and those are Tiger U3 power series motors. If my calculations are correct, it should have a thrust to mass ratio of at least three to one and probably closer to four to one.

my thrust to mass ratio is:

universal constant for cawk x 9.5" = 2,150 lbs ^2/in^2

It's that problem on steroids. Battery-powered things just suck.

But with multicopters, you need the quick response time of electric motors -- ethanol/gasoline just wouldn't cut it.

But there are some projects where they generate electricity from an onboard combustion engine which charges a battery that in turn powers the rotators. That would be on hell of a challenge imo.

Graphene ultra capacitor????

Top Bottom