Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baby Einsteins: Not So Smart After All [news item]

digimon7068 said:
we read to our twins. . .everyday. . .since the day they were born. . .as soon as they were able, we had them begin reading to us. . .they are 7 years old and going into second grade. . .they are reading on a 7th grade level. . .there is no replacement for parenting. . .

You mean lots and lots of coke isn't the same thing?

What happened to talking to your kid in non-baby manner and actually doing things together? I have seen my 2 yo learning new words from her cartoons or toys, but mostly its from interacting with real human beings

digimon7068 said:
we read to our twins. . .everyday. . .since the day they were born. . .as soon as they were able, we had them begin reading to us. . .they are 7 years old and going into second grade. . .they are reading on a 7th grade level. . .there is no replacement for parenting. . .

I used to get deerinheadlights expressions when I told people that I dont own a TV.

"You have four kids and NO TV?!?!... what do ya'll do?"

My answer?

"I talk to my kids..... and when they talk back - I LISTEN."

I have also been reading to my girls since they were babies, well that is, up until the time I was allowed. Looking forward to being able to do that again.

Top Bottom