Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ATTENTION ALL ELITE LADIES: This is for you.........

mj

what is the number one best product out there to use for wrinkles on the face as far as cost effective, and how fast it starts to work? all opinions appreciated and welcomed.

thanks in advance!

Sunscreen! (Unoriginal answer, sorry....)

If you go to www.cosmeticscop.com, you will see this consumer advocate whose work is focused on the cosmetics/skin care industry.

This woman, Paula Begoun, also has several editions of her book, Don't Go the Make-up Counter Without Me , availabe.

She critiques every product out there and backs it up with research. An excellent service she provides. No more wasting $$!

Can I ask a question along the lines (no pun intended) of this post?

Okay, I was watching this special called "The Wrinkle Cure" on PBS. The guy was going on and on about how high-glycemic foods cause cellular inflammation. Which is the hallmark of aged skin.

I don't know--I started spacing at all the big science words.:rolleyes:

Thoughts on this?

wrinkles are incurable... ya just live with them or get botox and look frozen...

i don't believe in wrinkle creams.. the best they do is plump up the skin temporarily.

Unfortunately, Smallvessel is right (according to Paula Begoun).

She mostly advises to stay away from all that stuff. Just a big old waste of Benjamins. The best exfoliant is baking soda and water. And the best moisturizer is sloppy old Vaseline slathered on before bed a couple of nights a week.

What I would personally suggest, though: Try and get sufficient fat in your diet. (I've said this often on the threads.) Keeps the skin "plump" and youthful, the hair and nails from going brittle....

Of course, gotta stick with the healthy fats. Damn Nabisco! Can't they make Oreo's with safflower oil? And Chips Ahoy, and E.L. Fudge, and Mallomars! Christ, mallomars!!!!

Avoid sunlight, tobacco smoke/smoking and drink plenty of water. If you get this plus a healthy diet including lots of fresh fruit and veg then any run-of-the-mill product will be adequate.

on this topic, i know a lady who had lazer resurfacing for her wrinkles and now looks 10 times oldet. she only did it once, and the wrinkles now are awful. im not sure if you have to keep this up or not?

i have a question too, i go to a sun tan salon and wear those goggles to protect my eyes. however, i look racoon like. what to do>>>

and i wante to put sunscreen a little more aroung the area. ??:( for protection against wrinkles...

i know i should stay out of them, but i won't. actually my doctor tells me to go (unofficially) to improve my skin...in moderation. i have had bad acne in the past, excema, and something like seborrhea/psoriasis???

Smoking is the worst!!! In more ways than one...

Proper skin care at a very early age will help you in the future as well. Drinking enough water, cleansing the skin, proper sun protection(HIGH SPF)and diet.

Speaking of make-up....Did you ladies know that YOU should always apply make-up in an UP-WARDS stroke? Meaning;never pull down on the skin...apply UP! GRAVITY SUCKS!

Genes, I am GLAD to say, can a blessing as well. Look at your mother and see what kind of skin she has. I hope to GOD I have my mom's complexion/skin when I'm her age!

Hey TripleV, I get "coon" eyes too! You ought to see me trying to cover up the sunglass side tan lines in the summer months- I sail and am on the water a lot!MEGA COON EYES ON THIS END! Butttt....wear protective eye wear at all times!

Top Bottom