Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aspartame

Diablomax said:
...I see, aspartame is aspartic acid...
No!
Diablomax said:
...or more exactly aspartic acid is part of aspartame, that means N-Large to contains aspartame :-(
Not necessarily. ANY weight gainer or protein has l-aspartic acid. Like Anthrax stated it is an amino acid. I'm not sure that you got that...

riskybizz007 said:

what does aspartame cause? In what study did you read it had harmful effects? Or are you hearing what joe shmoe said down the street? This aspartame deal has been going on too long... There's nothing wrong w/ Aspartame as far as I know... but if you can present some info on it and its harmful effects please post up.

RB control yourself. I agree with you. Did you misread my post?

TraxZBT said:

don't you read the little red writing on nutrasweet packets.... says something along the lines of..
nutrasweet contains phenylalanine

which has been noted to cause cancer in lab rats..

Nutrasweet packets say nothing of the sort. Show me one study where phenylalanine has been shown to cause cancer.

Complete Muscle... thanx for clarifying that, it was lille bit blury for me, but now I got exactly what's with L-Aspartic Acid. So that's actually nothing wrong, the bad ass here is the Phenylalanine which is in the Aspartame, right?

Ciao!

Anyway guys, thanx for all your infos, that's the whole point to exchange it, what each of us believe... well that's a personal matter, but be careful what you eat, because that's your body, don't poison it, even if each of us sometimes abuse a bit, important is to don't go overboard.

Ciao!

Gymtime, I was agreeing w/ your post. I just posted up your b/c i agreed w/ what you said. I think you may have misread something there.

About Aspartame.... It has nothing to do w/ Phenylyline which is found in your Nutrisweet packets. Phenylyline is an amino acid, Apartame is a sweetener. Aspartame is NOT found to cause cancer in lab rats.

Again... I've been through many of these aspartame discussions and read both sides... It's b.s. IMO.

riskybizz007 said:
Gymtime, I was agreeing w/ your post. I just posted up your b/c i agreed w/ what you said. I think you may have misread something there.

Me? Misread something? Impossible. Just ask Cozmo. :D

You should not fear the negative effects of phenylalanine in Aspartame !
Here is an article about it:

The positive effects of phenylalanine supplementation in the human diet have been studied less extensively than the positive effects, for example, of lysine supplementation or arginine supplementation. However, unlike for many other amino acids, there have been extensive studies on possible negative effects of phenylalanine, though they occur in less than 1 in 15,000 persons.

Negatively affected by all phenylalanine intake are phenylketonurics. These are people who lack an enzyme needed to digest phenylalanine. Intake of phenylalanine by people with penylketonuria (PKU) will cause mental retardation, especially in children. But even adults with PKU will experience mental and intellectual disturbances after an intake of phenylalanine. As the amino acid phenylalanine is part of almost all proteins, especially those of animal origin, phenylketonurics have to restrict themselves to a lifelong vegetarian diet.

To people who are not phenylketonurics, there is by and large little danger from phenylalanine, especially if it's part of a normal diet. The exception are people on monoamine oxidase inhibiting drugs (MAO inhibitors), as phenylalanine is converted into the amino acid tyrosine. If the enzyme which breaks down monoamines such as tyrosine is inhibited, the body is flooded with substances that can cause extreme hypertension.

One man's side effect is another man's cure.

That phenylalanine is converted into tyrosine which is a precursor to dopamine and other neurotransmitters is exactly the reason why some people use phenylalanine as dietary supplement. A lack of the neurotransmitter dopamine is not only the reason for the development of Parkinson's disease but also responsible for the loss of sex drive as people get older. The link between dopamine and sex drive is well proven. It is also known that practically all Parkinson's medications have as side effect an increased susceptiveness to sexual stimulation.

Some Parkinson's medications such as deprenyl and bromocriptine are used for sexual enhancement. Tyrosine is an amino acid which, as dietary supplement, does seem to increase dopamine levels but it's not as strong as deprenyl or bromocriptine and not the medication of first choice in usual Parkinson's cases.

While the prosexual effects of phenylalanine are a consequence of the conversion of phenylalanine into tyrosine, it is assumed that phenylalanine has other health benefits. We have pointed out above that phenylalanine is not as well researched as are, for example, the amino acids lysine and arginine. This means that some of the alleged health benefits haven't been proven conclusively in scientific tests.

For conclusive results, it is not sufficient that just a few studies are conducted. In order to judge what amount of scientific studies will be needed for definite knowledge, we may take a look at cholesterol research. Cholesterol has been researched hundreds of times more extensively than phenylalanine. Nevertheless, we have been told over the years to avoid foods high in dietary cholesterol, such as eggs, in order to safeguard against cardiovascular disease. And only after hundreds of studies, it appeared that saturated fat intake is the prime culprit, rather than dietary cholesterol.

By Serge Kreutz

After reading the book "Excitotoxins : The Taste That Kills" I avoid aspartame like the plague. There is more than enough research described and footnoted in this book to make me believe that there could be a problem with this sweetener. Anyone curious about Aspartame or MSG should give this book some thought.

Tony.... are you aware that pollution causes cancer? Living in L.A. or NY or any similar city and you're really risking it right? Oh and wait, so does smoking, drinking, and stress. Lets try not to get stressed either it lowers the immune system. And the nice hot shower you may enjoy, guess what the shampoo you use and conditioner may also cause cancer, as well as the toothepaste you brush your teeth w/. And if you cook w/ Spam, you're really looking for it as well. Also be careful what cleaner or air freshener you use in the bathroom or house, some of those chemicals have been linked to cancer. Also steer clear away from strawberries, many of those are full of pollutents and we already know where these toxins lead you.

I guess we better live in the perfect city, perfect job, perfect house, perfect surroundings, and act perfect. Oh and make sure nobody in the family has cancer either. But still there are some people who get cancer w/ no links to it whatsoever.... what do we do about those guys?

Point is... If you want to avoid cancer you might as well live as a hermit in a cave by yourself. Just about everything in this planet is linked to cancer in some way.

Top Bottom