Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aspartame

Diablomax

Hello Guys!!

This is my first post here, I discovered this board yesterday, and I think is nice.

My first question is about aspartame. I'm a bit confused, I see on N-Large2 label, under the contents that it contains "L-Aspartic Acid", I wonder if that's the same as Aspartame, cuz as far as I know aspartame is no good.

Thanx!

Aspartame = Nutrasweet = an artificial sweetener made up of two amino acids, phenylalanine and aspartic acid, and an alcohol, methanol.

acid L-aspartic acid = a non essential amino acid

BTW,

Aspartame =
aspartic acid (40%),
phenylalanine (50%)
and methanol (10%).

Thanx Anthrax!

I see, aspartame is aspartic acid, or more exactly aspartic acid is part of aspartame, that means N-Large to contains aspartame :-(
I'm a bit disapointed about this, I tought N-Large2 is one of the best weight gainers, but it contains aspartame and that kinda sucks, hmmm... these days aspartame is everywhere dam it! why is so hard to use sugar, it might be a litlle more expensive, but hey it's a lot better.

One more question, off the topic. When I log in it says that "You are not subscribed to any forums at the moment". What should I do to subscribe??, do I have to pay any fee or somethin?

Thank you!

gymtime said:
There's nothing wrong with using aspartame.

what does aspartame cause? In what study did you read it had harmful effects? Or are you hearing what joe shmoe said down the street? This aspartame deal has been going on too long... There's nothing wrong w/ Aspartame as far as I know... but if you can present some info on it and its harmful effects please post up.

riskybizz007 said:

what does aspartame cause? In what study did you read it had harmful effects? Or are you hearing what joe shmoe said down the street? This aspartame deal has been going on too long... There's nothing wrong w/ Aspartame as far as I know... but if you can present some info on it and its harmful effects please post up.

don't you read the little red writing on nutrasweet packets.... says something along the lines of..
nutrasweet contains phenylalanine

which has been noted to cause cancer in lab rats..

Just do a research, on the net and u gonna find more than enough infos about the "healthy" aspartame. Anyway pro and cons will always be but personally I say that there is no smoke without a fire. So if the aspartame would be totaly harmless, there would be nobody to make stuff up about it.

Ciao!

Top Bottom