Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arnold Schwarzenegger workout

A lof of bodybuilders can't do tons of pullups. There bodyweight is to much many a times. Arnold's heaviet was like 250 so he could have probably done more pullups than 6, but it would not surprise me if he didn't do a lot.

ap282 said:
Common have you watched pumping iron the guys back was his best feature aside his arms. His back looked like he could pullup an easy 300lbs. I highly doubt that he could only do 6 pullups of his own body weight.

Its come on first off. 2nd are you a retard, his back was best behind his arms. What about his chest??? He had one of the thickest chests ever, even judging by today's standards. His chest was his best asset, then his arms followed by back.

mlong23 said:
Most of his stuff is probably blown a little out of proportion. And look at Arnold compared to the rest of the guys currently. Arnold is a lot smaller than current standards. For those that don't want to look like todays BB's. This just means that by working out smarter that you still don't have to lift as extreme as today's pro's. More than likely no matter how hard you try you won't look like them anyways.
I couldn't disagree more... Arnold was just as big as anyone these days, only his legs were smaller.

It's said that he used to go camping in the woods every once in a while with his training buddies; whats in his picnic basket: Squat rack, Women and booze

Bigreds said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger was one of the most genetically gifted bodybuilders in history, you've got to remember that his calves weren't genetically great. In fact, Arnold's calf girth was downright embarrassing.

So what strategy did the greatest bodybuilder of all time employ to build his calves? I'll let him tell you:

"I train them 30 to 45 minutes a day, six days a week." (1) NOTE HIS WORDS, SIX DAYS A WEEK !

Okay, so he trained them six days a week, but did he do anything else? According to his book, he also sought to stimulate his calves throughout the day. For those who wanted bigger calves, he said:

"When you are walking, make an effort to go all the way up on your toes... " (1)

Six days of training per week along with tricks to stimulate the calves throughout the day. That's a lot of frequency!

What do you guys think about this kind of training by were you hit the same muscle every few days and not just once a week ????
arnold was the man...he could push himself farther then most people would have ever dreamed off..... and anyone who talked shit about him in his day was jealous

Ilovetolift said:
I couldn't disagree more... Arnold was just as big as anyone these days, only his legs were smaller.

Are you serious. That is amazing. Arnold was great, but please everyone get off of his cock. If you want that physique than go for it, but don't say he was as big as today's pros except for the legs. He was 6'4 and competed at like 230-235. Ronnie is 5'11 at 280 and Jay is 5'9 at about 265-270. Is the extra 50 pounds in Ronnie's legs??? Get real. Plus Arnold was as never as ripped and dry as is the current standards.

Arnold had small shoulders when comparing to current pros, no legs, not a super wide and thick back. Franco had a better back than Arnold. His arms were huge but were not full as the current pros.

It all come down to trying to compare older pros to new pros. Who is better Michael Jordan or Pistol Pete? People develop and get smarter as time goes on, so it only makes sense that we are better off than the guys who paved the way for us 20-30 years ago.

I am an Arnold fan, but please everyone quit deepthroating him. ;)

He overtrained His legs but He was one of the best ever and took megadoses of dope so I guess He could regenerate fast, as long as for the current standarts Ronnie can be classified as better than Arnold)...
He was smaller but more ripped than Ronnie.
In MY opinion Arnold looked much more fitted than Ronnie.

Wow, this thread changed directions fast..... Well, I gotta say that Calves were a big weak spot for me when I 1st started training..... I actually read alot of what Arnold wrote, and adopted some of his principles to blast my calves..... The one principle that reallly worked for me was HEAVY WEIGHT..... I focused on doing as much weight as I could with the calves, and the best exercise for this is Calve Raises on a Leg Press machine..... I would load up the machine, and have someone help me get the weight up, and do reps..... If I could do less then 4 reps, I'd take some weight off..... If I could do more then 6 reps, I put more weight on..... Eventually, I was doing 800lb raises.... Calves are very strong if you push the shit out of them..... After doing 4 sets of this, I would do heavy Donkey Raises..... Again, enough weight where I could do no more then 6 reps, but no less then 4...... After that, I would do standing calf raises with no weight.... Just blast out as many as humanly possible, untill your calves are ON FIRE and you can barely walk..... I did 4 sets of these, and by that time, my calves were engourged with blood...... I don't know, maybe it was the heavy weight sets, combined with the high rep training afterwards, but I got great calf growth from that routine..... Took me a lil over a year, and I finally had the calves I always wanted..... I also only trained them ONCE per week, whether if I was on AAS or not...... I know you recover faster on AAS, but I don't use that as an excuse to train more..... We all know rest is when we grow, so rest is even more important when on AAS.....

As for the Arnold rumors, there sure are plenty of them..... I think the 1 thing we all can agree on about Arnold is that he took BB'ing into the Mainstream..... As many of you older guys will know, BB'rs were look at as Gay or weird in the 60's..... I'm not sure why, but they were.... Arnold was the 1st really popular BBing ICON, and took the sport into the Mainstream..... The guy had great genetics, and a great physique.... Sure, he's not as big as todays Pro's, but they have alot more drugs today then Arnold had..... In my mind, Arnold will always be the best BB'r of all time.....

rizz

Top Bottom