Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Army training is in the shitter these days

Razorguns

Well-known member
All the vets i talked to have told me how much of a joke it is these days. I found out the hard way.

I spent the WHOLE WEEKEND doing this at drill:

Half the day doing paperwork
Few hours marching
Few hours situps, pushups, stretching, runs
Couple hours chow and waiting for chow
Sleep
One hour watching people get medals
15 minutes of 'learning' a gas mask
Few hours standing around and 'waiting'
Go home

wow.

I learned so much. Modern Army : Few years of overblown gym class -- then ur ass gets blown up by an I.E.D. No wonder we're losing.

It's gone so downhill. I learn more from Rambo movies and Rainbow 6.

r
 
i always say the same thing about pledging. what kind of army training only takes place on the weekend?
 
Go to the Marines brother
 
That isn't what my Army training is like and I do it everyday. I wish I got to stand around a bit, my units tempo is crazy fast. I came back from a 2 month deployment on a monday and was in jumpmaster by wed last week. You should come play with the best.
 
i guess. they just wanna train us to do shitty dangerous details in iraq. you know, walk around and wait to be blown up. cuz we sure as hell aren't trained to do anything else :)

we're just warm bodies to Bush. All a #'s game, and they want even more now.
 
what is your mos razor?
would you ever consider enlisting full time?
 
Razorguns said:
All the vets i talked to have told me how much of a joke it is these days. I found out the hard way.

I spent the WHOLE WEEKEND doing this at drill:

Half the day doing paperwork
Few hours marching
Few hours situps, pushups, stretching, runs
Couple hours chow and waiting for chow
Sleep
One hour watching people get medals
15 minutes of 'learning' a gas mask
Few hours standing around and 'waiting'
Go home

wow.

I learned so much. Modern Army : Few years of overblown gym class -- then ur ass gets blown up by an I.E.D. No wonder we're losing.

It's gone so downhill. I learn more from Rambo movies and Rainbow 6.

r

we're losing?

That's news to me.
 
Razorguns said:
i guess. they just wanna train us to do shitty dangerous details in iraq. you know, walk around and wait to be blown up. cuz we sure as hell aren't trained to do anything else :)

we're just warm bodies to Bush. All a #'s game, and they want even more now.


Sometimes it is difficult for me to see things the way the average american would view something. Example:

since US troops entered Iraq there has been just under 100,000 deaths in the country due to Drunk Driving.
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html


Or take for instance the number of Murder cases in the US since OIF is also just under 100,000.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/violent_crime/murder.html

My point here is a bunch of people sign up for the MILITARY, our leadership determines there is a cause for us to take action on. A very, very small number of soldiers are killed(many of my good friends) and people are upset about things like training, purpose, equiptment ect... My view point is if the numbers were through the roof, say 50% of all soldiers deployed then we should start to show concern(even those numbers would just be on scale with DUI deaths). IMO we are still the best train, best equipted, best lead military in the world that is coddled beyond reason. Just my view.
 
Last edited:
sardonicone said:
we're losing?

That's news to me.

yes not a single positive thing for americans has been gained yet for our trillions.

zero.

we could've paid off saddam for that and made him dance for us.

r
 
Razorguns said:
yes not a single positive thing for americans has been gained yet for our trillions.

zero.

we could've paid off saddam for that and made him dance for us.

r

Simple matter of opinion and view point on this one so I won't argue it. However I will argue back and forth, up and down that "Army training is in the shitter these days". Like I said, I see it, breathe it and live it every second of my life and don't feel the same. I know the training I have received over the last 3 years is far beyond the prior 8.
 
Top Bottom