Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are YOU addicted to steroids???

Are YOU addicted to steroids???

• Hell Yeah!!

Votes: 134 41.5%
  • Maybe/I dont know

Votes: 83 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 105 32.5%

• Total voters
I don't have an addictive personality in general, I can have 1000 bars of xanax sitting in my apartment for months and not touch them. But gear.. .well... if I had someone important ask me to stop, I would. But, other than a serious gf, wife material, asking me to stop, I've got no reason to give it up. It's cheap enough, every test I've had says it doesn't affect my health in any negative way, and by god life is more enjoyable with it than without it. So I guess, i'm somewhat addicted, yes. And I can live with that :)

Nah, I am not addicted at all. I never experience any kind of mental crash by going off and my attitide is still the same. Sure I lose some fullness and vascularity, but thats normal.

not addicted, but see no reason to stop. i like how i look when i'm on, and i feel good when i'm on. a little depression when coming off which is normal, but once i stabilize i feel good again, just not quite as big and pumped. i can stay off 6mos, and i'm not anxious about doing it again, but i will plan another and .... who the fuck am i kidding, i love being on.

I get tired of juicing around the 6th or 7th week. I'm 4 weeks in right now and just loving it. If I can't hit 230lbs this time I'll never touch the stuff again. However I'm only 25 so who knows what could happen in the next decade.

cboogsrun said:
I get tired of juicing around the 6th or 7th week. I'm 4 weeks in right now and just loving it. If I can't hit 230lbs this time I'll never touch the stuff again. However I'm only 25 so who knows what could happen in the next decade.
nice try, see ya next cycle :)

yes and no. i would say i was addicted, but know i'm not too sure anymore.

i have been off for about a month after being on for 6 months (which i regret) and plan on being off for about another 5 months. so i'm not sure that qualifies as being addicted or not. while on i might have answered yes, but i really feel fine training without the sauce right now, being big isn't so important i need to run 26 week cycles anymore.

I love this topic.
The catch 22 is if you say you are not then you are told you are in denial and if you say you are, then you are.
I think in general, as a community, we have a high degree of obsessive traits. The issue is, steriod use does not fit well into any addiction model. There is no instant gratification and the negitive consequences are very different (nobody misses a day of work b/c the have a var hangover).
I think what many of us have is a case of body dysmorphic disorder that drives us to do things we would not normally do. I think AAS use stems more from that just and we would not say a person who binges and purges has a food addiction- they have an eating disorder.
Now what it does share with other addictions is the progression. We all have seen how our doses get higher and time off shrinks to 2 weeks. Although, many of us don't miss work for a hangover, I can say I have been late to work b/c I was stuck in the gym.
I think reffering to it as an addiction is myopic. At least for this gym junkie- the probelm is much bigger :)

ericahls said:
I have resigned myself to the fact that barring a serious medical condition, I will use steroids for the rest of my life. :mix:
So if this means I am addicted then I accept that.
:inflate:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Top Bottom