Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Using Ephedrine During Workout

gtconvertable89

Anyone use any source of ephedrine while working out ie. Rip Fuel etc...
I have been using Therma Pro from Pro Lab. Two of those pills gets me to work out like a nut. How good/bad is this stuff for you. How often should you be taking it. Thanks

There's been a lot of controversy surrounding this supplement especially lately and it has been the center of much media coverage looking to sensationalize its effects on the human body and generate uproar. Then you turn around and read a muscle rag about how epedrine/ma huang (the main ingredient in most fat burners) is totally safe when taken as directed and cycled appropriately. But of course they are influenced by the supplement companies that advertise in their pages. So it's understandable that there is quite a bit of confusion about this herb.

The fact of the matter is this: Ephedrine can be very dangerous, epcially if you have existing heart or blood pressure problems. Also, the abuse of ephedrine is being seen more frequently as many people enjoy the slight buzz it gives them. It also burns away hunger, excites the central nervous system, and raises the heart rate. It is typically taken with caffeine and sometime aspirin for its blood thinning effects so that the heart can reach an even higher per minute rate. Ephedrine has been linked to several heart attacks and strokes but its unclear just yet as to how much of a role ephedrine played in these cases and if it had more to do with dosage abuse.

There is anecdotal evidence that ephedrine may also be linked to male pattern baldness, temporary male impotence, and possibly even emotional and anxiety problems in chronic usage.

I used to take it everyday before my workouts but I don't touch it anymore. The risks aren't worth it IMO.

2 at a time?? That's insane. I'm 6 foot 5 inches and 250lbs, therefore my body can take more than most people, but 2 thermo-pro pills had me shaking for hours just sitting around at work, nevermind at the gym. If I'd done that at the gym, I'd probably be dead of a heart attack. Back off on that dosage, they are way too strong to double up on. You're supposed to do 2 a day, maximum, not at the same time.

For maximum effect, supplement 30 to 45 minutes pre - workout (or at least says most current research).

As with most drugs, the side effects of taking ephedrine based products are normally dose related. In over - the - counter products which contain ephedrine, the dose is not harmful. Generally, if you have personally heard of any stories about the ill side effects of ephedrine, it is more than likely that the individual was consuming far beyond the recommended dose of approximately 100 milligrams a day - and with pro BB's, you can guarantee they probably tripled this amount. so, i cant really say for certain if it is dangerous. ephedrine has the potential to increase heart rate as well as blood pressure. That said, individuals with a weak heart, or a history of heart problems may want to avoid taking ephedrine - but once again those individuals with heart problems who have reported incidents of discomfort while using ephedrine based supplements have once again been abusing the drug (at least more than likely).

matt

I have a crazy work schedule, which prevents me from sleeping normals hours and tends to wear me down. I therefore use ephedrine to motivate myself for workouts or for my classes.

Something I have seen at the gym is people that are only motivated to workout when using an ephedrine based product. Or they believe that they have good workouts because of the product, which in turn gives them a sense of dependence on them.

I truly feel that if you choose to use one of these products, that you should "cycle" them. Thus giving your body a chance to be free of the chemicals and not require above the maximum dosage. Which will eventually happen if you continue to take the max dosage...your body will create a tolerance, thus needing more for an effect.

Good Luck~~
toga

Ripped Fuel helps me a lot, especially when i work out on an empty stomach in the morning. But i only take 1 cap max. twice a week. It wears down very fast, if i take it 3 days in a row i don't feel anything anymore. No sides with that low dose.

A buddy of mine pop's those before workout. I can tell when he's on them and when he's off. It helps him lift, but I dunno, when I push hard I see stars without a drug raising my blood pressure higher then normal.

my 2 cents

taking ephedrine before a workout is a crutch that you will quickly become so adjusted to, that you will find yourself not able to train or having a shitty workout without it. i've taken my share of ephedrine when i was younger although at the time it was for recreational purposes and i was abusing the shit out of it. i know the jump you get from it and it's energizing, but you'll miss that feeling the next time you go lift and you don't have any ephedrine in your system. eat an apple or something with some simple carbs in it before a workout as opposed to constantly having to pop pills.

Right now I'm popping 2 Xenadrine pills 30 minutes before my workout. I've also tried Hydroxy cut and Ultimate Orange. They all work really well, and turn me into a monster in the gym. I can go set after set without getting tired. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually getting really sore. Ephedrine definetly is for real, but like everyone said it can be dangerous. Personally, I've never felt weird when taking it, I just don't get tired as easily. But some people are more sensitive, so be careful. I wouldn't use it for more then a few weeks at a time. I know the bottle says not to take more then 90mg of ephedrine a day (which seems like alot, cause each pill has about 10mg, and 2 pills are plenty for me).

I usually only use it when my workouts are getting stale or when I'm in a rut and not making any gains. All that extra energy is a real help at times like this.

I have ordered Universal - Zenadyne
it contains

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings Per Container: 65

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Pantothenic Acid 40 mg 400%

Bitter Orange Extract (6% synephrine) 85 mg

Ma-Huang Extract (6% ephedrine) 335 mg

Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) 910 mg

White Willow Extract (15% salicin) 105 mg

Ginger Root 50 mg

Citrilene (hydroxycitric acid) 50 mg

Proprietary Blend consisting of L-Tyrosine Acetyl-L-Carnitine Fisetin Magnesium Phosphate DMAE 250 mg

Isoflavonol (isoflavones) 50 mg

has anyone used this product?

Top Bottom