Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone use the same needle to draw and inject?

I always use the same pin to draw and shoot - it happens all the time at the hospitol - the docs never switch out pins - just keep everything clean.

Term has a good post from a while back about this. It includes a pic of a pin after it has been used 2 and 3 times (the shot is zoomed in 20 or 30x I think.) You can REALLY see how dull a pin gets after using it.

wayneboard1 said:
I have tried a few different ways but noticed no benefit pain wise to change sticks. I use a 23 gauge to draw with and shoot with. My gear is in vials so I go thru a rubber stopper but I clean the dart and the tops of the vials before drawing, and then shower and then clean the dart and my injection spot with alcohol again as well. Never had any infections.

Hey Wayne---are you saying that you go thru a rubber stopper and clean the top.......then you hop in the shower, take a shower, then clean the dart and inject spot......

Holy shit bro.....Simply wipe the top of the rubber stopper with alcohol----DONT TOUCH THE PIN---put it directly into the stopper---shoot your air into it, turn it upside down, draw out what you want----Now tap your skin a few times and wipe with alcohol-----now stick that pin in there.......

thats it---very safe.....

I always draw and shoot with the same pin. The most painful was when I was drawing and the syringe slipped and hit the glass of the vial. I didn't really notice and when I went to inject I might as well of been sticking a ball point pen in my leg... the needle hitting the glass had bent the tip. :-( ouch

Definenly not. Even via an AMP, the needle just touches the bottom and it DOES lose its sharpness, this will start causing you problems over the years as you may be a big tough guy who doesnt need to swap needles as you can handle the pain, but can your internal muscle tissue handle extra damage from slightly blunt needles again and again over the years. Ask any quack, checmist or physician, weather you using an amp or drawing through a rubber stopper, change needles. i keep one just for drawing in its protective sheath and in the plastic it came in, then i put a new needle on every time. The touch guys out here my develop painful scar tissue quicker than us wimps! good luck whatever you do!

kraze said:
i'm thinking about it, i can handle extra pain from it becoming slightly dull

The only time I change needles is to use larger needles (21 or 20g) to withdraw, when I want to use a small needle for site injections (23g). I don't think that the dullness would make that much of a difference to me, but you should wipe off the rubber with a prep pad first to kill all the germs.

Top Bottom