Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Anyone see this Twilight Zone episode?

GinNJuice

New member
"Eye of the Beholder"


"Suspended in time and space for a moment, your introduction to Miss Janet Tyler, who lives in a very private world of darkness, a universe whose dimensions are the size, thickness, length of a swath of bandages that cover her face. In a moment we'll go back into this room and also in a moment we'll look under those bandages, keeping in mind, of course, that we're not to be surprised by what we see, because this isn't just a hospital, and patient 307 is not just a woman. This happens to be the Twilight Zone, and Miss Tyler, with you, is about to enter it."


Janet Tyler anxiously awaits the outcome of her latest surgery. Janet, who's abnormal face has made her an outcast, has had her eleventh hospital visit - the maximum allowed by the State. If it didn't succeed, she will be sent to live in a village where others of her kind are segregated. As her bandages are removed, she is revealed to be very beautiful. The doctor draws back in horror. As the lights come on we see the others, their faces are misshapen and deformed. As Janet runs from her room crying, she runs into another of her kind, a handsome man named Walter Smith. He is in charge of an outcast village, and he assures her that she will eventually feel she belongs. He tells her to remember the old saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Now the questions that come to mind. Where is this place and when is it, what kind of world where ugliness is the norm and beauty the deviation from that norm? The answer is, it doesn't make any difference. Because the old saying happens to be true. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this year or a hundred years hence, on this planet or wherever there is human life, perhaps out among the stars. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lesson to be learned... in the Twilight Zone."


I saw that when I was 15. That one show changed my whole belief system in what we have been programed to think is pretty, ugly, ....... right and wrong.

considering it was a TV show episode in the 60's... it sure was powerful in my life
 
dude, that was a fucked up one. she was a total babe and the everyone else were freaks. That was a pretty good show. William Shattner was in a few episodes, lol, what a funny guy he is.
 
The Nature Boy said:
dude, that was a fucked up one. she was a total babe and the everyone else were freaks.

Yeah, you didn't see the others (doctors/nurses) until the end when she took off the bandages. It was interesting that she was even repulsed by her own looks.

The doctors/nurses had some fucked up faces.
 
I didn't watch that show much, but I liked the one where they found these really tiny people and they were fucking with them and shit like they were insects. Then at the end some huge hand grabs them and there were some giants that started fucking witht them the same way.
 
I've seen this one, and it was good. I always loved those old twilight zone episodes.

On another note, Pamela Anderson did a spoof of this episode on Saturday Night Live once. I think it was the broadcast where she was the guest, and Henry Rollins was the music guest. When they took off her bandages, and she looked in the mirror, instead of being horrified, she says, "Wow, I'm a babe!" and all the messed up male doctors agree, while the ugly female ones get mad. lol
 
C3bodybuilding said:
I've seen this one, and it was good. I always loved those old twilight zone episodes.

On another note, Pamela Anderson did a spoof of this episode on Saturday Night Live once. I think it was the broadcast where she was the guest, and Henry Rollins was the music guest. When they took off her bandages, and she looked in the mirror, instead of being horrified, she says, "Wow, I'm a babe!" and all the messed up male doctors agree, while the ugly female ones get mad. lol

Excellent episodes of both Twlight Zone and SNL. I was gonna mention the SNL, but you beat me to it brother.
 
Hey GinNJuice... this it OT... but I have been around these boards for a while and I have seen your avatar many time... Let me just say that I have spent a lot of time just admiring your avatar.........................:p
 
thefantom1 said:
Hey GinNJuice... this it OT... but I have been around these boards for a while and I have seen your avatar many time... Let me just say that I have spent a lot of time just admiring your avatar.........................:p

Me too! :p
 
Top Bottom