Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone on statins?

So I haven't been able to stop chuckling since I looked up food sources of B-3.......rabbit of all the damn things, fucking rabbit..:lmao:

I have the urge to break out the bow tonight and see if I can grill me up some rabbit......mmmmmmmm that sounds "delicious" :lmao:

So I haven't been able to stop chuckling since I looked up food sources of B-3.......rabbit of all the damn things, fucking rabbit..:lmao:

I have the urge to break out the bow tonight and see if I can grill me up some rabbit......mmmmmmmm that sounds "delicious" :lmao:

Rabbit! Lemme hit Costco and stock up on some frozen rabbit. :D

No food source is gonna take enough B-3 to exert a lipid lowering effect. Bottle of Twinlab 1000mg caps is dirt cheap.

Rabbit! Lemme hit Costco and stock up on some frozen rabbit. :D

No food source is gonna take enough B-3 to exert a lipid lowering effect. Bottle of Twinlab 1000mg caps is dirt cheap.

I dunno, I juice Kale and wheatgrass pretty religiously. I'm just not big on "supplementation" anymore. The human body was meant to process it's nutrients from food sources. I read some article some time ago about a study they did about vitamin C from a pill vs. orange juice. The people they tested had better absorbtion rates from the juice than from the pills.

my pharmacist admitted to me that the reason they say not to eat grapefruits while taking statins is that it builds up the active compound in your system too much cause they're the same damn thing. Basically I guess statins were synthesized from some compound found in grapefruits, among other things. So just eat grapefruits. From what I understand the acid in grapefruits burns out the plaque buildup in your arteries.
you need a new pharmacist...this is innacurate and reckless information.

you need a new pharmacist...this is innacurate and reckless information.

than why the grapefruit ban? Does it work synergistically with the statins? I've heard it before too that something from grapefruits was the basis they used to design statins. So it's not just from one person.

there is something (I am not sure what) in grapefruits that boots statins. One would think this is a good thing, however, it can make dosing a nightmare. That's why they say to stay way from it.

Grapefruit juice inhibits the cytochrome p450 enzyme system in the mitochondria, which are in abundance in your liver and with regards to drugs, they break down drugs and toxins.

There are adverse drugs reactions with grapefruit juice and some drugs, for example, anti-depressants, as the drug is not broken down as much as it is meant to and builds up to toxic levels in your body.

I'm 37yrs old and on Atorvistatin. I was a boxer since the age of 16yrs old and my fitness and diet has been consistently on point my whole life. It's checked, reviewed and assessed on a regular basis. I have a RHR of 60bpm. However I have a high cholesterol level. Its 7.7 and it's hereditary. To say I should eat grapefruits and get fitter is an insult. Statins aren't perfect but they are saving the lives of millions of people daily. Any decent doctor will only prescribe statins once diet and exercise has been implemented and has failed.

I'm 37yrs old and on Atorvistatin. I was a boxer since the age of 16yrs old and my fitness and diet has been consistently on point my whole life. It's checked, reviewed and assessed on a regular basis. I have a RHR of 60bpm. However I have a high cholesterol level. Its 7.7 and it's hereditary. To say I should eat grapefruits and get fitter is an insult. Statins aren't perfect but they are saving the lives of millions of people daily. Any decent doctor will only prescribe statins once diet and exercise has been implemented and has failed.

the problem is....is your diet really on point? What I"ve learned in the last two years is that even when you think you're eating healthy, you're not. Food today, and this goes back a few decades, has been steadily losing nutritional value. You pretty much have to eat two pounds of food to get the same energy out of what was one pound fifty years ago. I'm not even going to talk about chemicals and hormones, just pure nutrional value....it isn't there anymore. Even spinach, which is what we're told is the best thing out there......has lost a significant percentage of it's nutrient density. Data only goes back to the fifty's and even then it's rough. If they had nutrional testing in the 1800's people would probably be appalled at how much has been lost.

I'm in my mid-forties and have been on Lipitor for about 5 years. So far no side effects. My Cholesterol level was on the high side of normal since my twenties. On the Statins + Niaspan my LDL in in the 60s and my HDL in in the low forties.

The reason I went on a statin was I finally decided that I should stop playing around with it (heart disease runs in my family, Mom had stents placed in her 50s). I finally realized that my diet was never going to be good enough to have any significant impact on my cholesterol level. Plus the research on statin drugs shows a substantial reduction in the risk of stroke and heart attack. So I take my Lipitor, Niaspan and CoQ-10, as well as fiber and red wine).

Top Bottom