Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here have estranged members in their Immediate Family?

No. I refuse to do that with family members. I always make the effort to patch things up even if they were in the wrong. Life is just too short and people die.

heatherrae said:
No. I refuse to do that with family members. I always make the effort to patch things up even if they were in the wrong. Life is just too short and people die.

yeah but you only do so much. some people are so bitter and unforgiving that there is nothing you CAN do. Even when its not your fault. Life is too short to waste on people like that. :) But when they are ready to come back I think its best to accept with open arms lest you become the bitter one!!! (not you presonally ; but "you" in the general sense. LOL)

btw hello happy Monday!!! :)

cindylou said:
yeah but you only do so much. some people are so bitter and unforgiving that there is nothing you CAN do. Even when its not your fault. Life is too short to waste on people like that. :) But when they are ready to come back I think its best to accept with open arms lest you become the bitter one!!! (not you presonally ; but "you" in the general sense. LOL)

btw hello happy Monday!!! :)
Yes. That is true, too. =-)

Happy Monday to you too.

Mr. Black said:
Ya you are right it is a form of abuse. What kind of parent uses their love of lack of as a form of punishment? Really though the guy is fucked in the head and does suffer from sort of mental illness. Funny that you mention the $$$ factor. Yes he does alright and funny enough this whole fight started over $140.00 that he owed us. I bought him some golf clubs through ebay when he was down visiting us from Australia. He agreed to re-pay me whatever the duty on the clubs would be. Well when I contacted him a month later to tell him how much he owed us shit hit the fan. A slew of other lies and accusations followed suit and voila we no longer communicate. We've asked him several times why he is actually upset and that we would prefer to hash things out like adults. However, he refuses to acknowledge any points that we addressed. Took the pussy way out and walked away...Intervention would be pointless as he flat out refuses to have any contact with us in any form. Not to mention he's simply tell everyone they are wrong anyways and we'd be back to square one.
Seriously, he's probably not worth the headaches, he sounds like a total asshole.

If it's not the golf clubs, it would be how your raise your kids, or what you gave him for his birthday, or what you gave him for christmas, or what color the sky is, or what your opinion about religion, or politics, or food ...

People like that just don't change, and it's THEIR fault. They're VERY good at making other people feel responsible for the situation, though. Fuck that, no way, the asshole did it, lay the blame where it lies. Tell your wife to let it fucking go. She's tearing herself up and all it is, is her old man is STILL abusing her, and she's helping him do it.

My dad was like that - didn't talk to ANY of his brothers or sisters, so I never ever got to know my aunts & uncles....no clue what their names are or where they even live......

My dad would also do that with me - you answered him the "wrong" way or he didn't like something you did -- he'd stop talking to you just like *that.*

my dads side of the family swears i got dishonorably discharged from the Navy even though i have my DD214 to prove otherwise. but still they do nto talk to me and it has been 5 years now, even my Dad stopped talking to them because of this and they are his brothers and sister. fuck em all i say, i really do not need them and im way better off. less christmas cards to write.

Top Bottom