Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another jackass-in-the-gym thread

Madd Hatter

There's been many threads, but I've been fortunate never to observe or have a run-in with one.... until today. The main annoying thing about my gym is that if you go after 10:30am, it's busy as fuck.

...as it was today. I finish up my shoulders and turn to go to a flat barbell bench. My gym has 3, and 3 mins ago there were two open. Now there's none. So I stand there like a schmuck for a couple mins deciding what to do, when one of the guys gets up and walks off. I think: is he going to the drinking fountain? no, he just walked the other way. did he leave anything behind? no. ok, i'm good. See, I sometimes will go get a drink inbetween sets, but I will leave something behind so people know I'm using it if it's busy as fuck in the gym.

So I take over some 25's and remove the 45's on the bar for my warmup set. 45's are off, 25's are going on, lo and behold, the guy comes back and says "I had a couple sets left". Motherfucker. I'm thinking: Oh, I thought it was open, since you walked away from it ....I didn't realize this bench was your personal property, being in a university gym and all. So I say "Fine", drop the 25's to the ground, walk over to him (not to give a thrust to his nose like I wanted to), bend down, resist the urge to knee him in the crotch, pick up my training log, and walk off.

This guy was the high school football player B-quality 'I'm not a big star by myself but I can hang out with this big group of players and now I'm cool.... oh shit, now I'm in college and I'm nothing special, but I better still pretend I am" type. Yes I could tell this in such a brief time, and it's a big reason I got a bit ticked. I hate the type. The correct thing to say would have been "Hey, I wanted to do a couple more sets, can I work in with you/How bout you work in with me?" Motherfucker. That ruined my whole workout as I couldn't do NG bench, and tried retardedly to do it with that rectangular thing with the handles in the middle of it. That didn't work, and everything went downhill from there. I didn't even fill out my training log I was so thrown off. Arrgh.

Maybe I didn't read this close enough, but......

You stole his bench, which he still had weight on, and then got pissed when he came back (maybe he had to piss) and didn't ask you if he could work in. :rolleyes:

man, you handled it a lot differently than I would have. I woulda told him basically what you said you were thinking. Not like its HIS equipment and he didnt leave any indication that he was coming back. bastards...

Woooooooo there...if you are going to go take a piss you forfiet any possible hold on the bench.

He left his weight on right? How long was he gone, a minute? Are you telling me that I can't walk over and get a drink of water without forfeiting my bench.

Just so you know, the correct way to handle it would have been to apologize, explain you thought he was done, then reload his weight. If you've been cool enough and are using approximately the same weight as him, ask if you can work in with him.

WODIN said:
Woooooooo there...if you are going to go take a piss you forfiet any possible hold on the bench.

Just because your prostate is the size of a watermellon and you can't piss in less than a minute doesn't mean I can't. :D

Hey man after seeing a bunch of these jackass in the gym threads, and then seeing some comments somewhat censuring the originator of the thread for his not following the proper etiquette, I think we should come up with the Elite Fitness guide to gym etiquette. Kind of like the sticky that all the newbies should read. Rule #1 could be whenever asking for a spot, always specify how you want to be spotted and how many reps you hope to get. #2 could be "He who goes to take a piss forfeits his hold on any piece of equipment he was using prior to the piss-taking"

Any others?

JC

Now water breaks are way different from piss stops! If it is a water break fine. But a piss break of 2 to 3 minutes no way.

frorider6 said:

Just because your prostate is the size of a watermellon and you can't piss in less than a minute doesn't mean I can't. :D

Mines grapfruit size just like everyone elses nipple boy! I'm including time to even dash to the mens room and back. Your looking at a good 2 minutes.

if you had come within an inch of me in any kind of intimidating fassion, i would have attempted to take the bar and wrap it around your neck.

1. he left weights on it.
2. all he said was i had a couple more sets left.
3. at that point, you should simply say, "can i work in with you?"
4. when i notice the bench's are full, i pick out the guy on one who looks like he just got started and ask if i can work in, its that simple.

Top Bottom