Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AM Cardio???

AngMc

In your experience has AM empty stomach cardio been that much better at burning fat?? I run and have noticed that I have no energy first thing before breakfast. But in the afternoon it is a different story.

What do you think?..........................Ang :)

You have no energy because anything more intense that walking burns carbs and if you're not well carbed (liver and muscle) before you go to bed, you're going to struggle the next morning if liver glycogen is low. On the other hand, if you eat anything that raises your insulin before cardio, you burn more carbs.

There are some very low GI carbs that don't raise insulin but provide some energy and can be used as a breakfast before cardio.

I tell my clients to do their cardio am after the weights. Then they can eat some carbs prior to exercise and still burn fat after lifting when they do cardio. The lifting shuts off the insulin response and puts you in a fat burning mode even after a light carb breakfast.

or, just powerwalk for an hour on an empty stomach then you only burn fat and can maintain the workload without eating carbs.

W6

Sounds good but, is there a big difference in results if one choses to do cardio in the aft. versus the morning before meals??

I've never noticed a difference in my results in doing AM or PM cardio. As long as I combine doing cardio most days of the week and lifting WITH eating clean - then I see results. Timing of cardio never seems to have made a huge difference either way for *me*.

If I have my choice though, I would do AM cardio and PM weights. AM cardio would be about 5x a week and PM weights would be 3x a week. One day of total rest.

Thanks very much. You know....it just gets so confusing sometimes with all the conflicting info. Put that together with the drive to do things right and you get nowhere fast. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't NEED to lose all the fat tomorrow, although I would like to. Thanks again...Ang

I agree with DG. Two exercise sessions would be preferred to one per day from a metabolic standpoint.

If you're dragging and need some carbs in the am before cardio. Use Muesli (oats and wheat). Has a GI of 52. You can eat up to 1g/kg body mass about 1/2 hour prior to exercise. It will have no effect on the fat burning process but will boost blood glucose a little and keep the mental end of things going.

W6

Top Bottom