Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

African Americans are able to build more muscle more quickly-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lift Chief said:
This thread was deleted over on the anabolic board- but should certainly be fair game here.

Certian African Americans have more fast twitch muscle fibers than whites do, which amongst other things, allows them to build more muscle more quickly.

Kenyans originate from a different part of Africa. They ahve more slow twitch muscle fibers and a greater lung capacity, which is why they always win marathons.

Now while it's blatantly obvious by the way blacks dominate many speed oriented sports that they are genetically different, and yet some people still do no acknowledge this fact.

I will post some links to information about this topic:
1)
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http:/...entine.com/reviews/montreal_gaz_recon.htm&s=a

2)
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http:/...www.jonentine.com/reviews/chi_trib_03.htm&s=a

3) Ironically, if we accept Entine’s evidence (which is pretty sketchy), we cannot come to his conclusions. For example, he cites a study that compared the "slow-twitch" and "fast-twitch" muscles of French-Canadian (presumably unmixed Caucasians) and West African students (presumably unmixed blacks) and concluded: "The African subjects, by a ratio of approximately two to one, had more of the larger fast-twitch fibers. . . . The researchers concluded that the force generating capacity of type-II muscle fibers at high velocity, the speed and tempo of movements, and the capacity of an individual to adapt to exercise training are all genetically influenced."

Another study found that only 3 percent of Zulu tribal members had a gene "that blocks the body from producing aactinin-3, which provides the explosive power in fast-twitch muscles," whereas "20 percent of people of Caucasian and Asian background" have this gene. A third study (from 1957!) found that Ugandan babies "stood earlier and were more dexterous" than their white counterparts: "`The motor development was greatly in advance of that of the European infants of the same age.'" Finally, a fourth study concluded that black African (Entine’s text coyly says black) males "can experience an explosive rise in exercise capacity" with "only a modest amount of training," "while even with far more effort whites don't improve nearly as much."

And, clearly, how hard one trains is paramount in the results they achieve, but the point of this is to acknowledge that blacks have an inherint advantage in certain athletic pursuits.

LET'S PUT THE STUPID THEORY THAT AFRICAN-AMERICANS ARE MORE GENETICALLY INCLINED TO GAIN MUSCLE TO REST. It's ignorant and unintelligent. Why? Well, for the reason that when English and Spanish slave traders went to Africa to bring slaves back to America and the Caribbean, they looked for the strongest and most built Africans. Thus, modern-day African Americans derive from the "best of the best" of their people. They are not as strong and built as they are because of genetics. It's due to SELECTIVE BREEDING (topic of Darwinian interest).

Re: Re: African Americans are able to build more muscle more quickly-

Uh ok genius so tell me how selective breeding is not connected to genetics. Whether you appreciate it or not when you got through the process of selective breeding you are selecting genes for the trait that you require. That is a major part of genetics.

Ignorant and unintelligent is it????? LMAO.

HULKSTER said:

LET'S PUT THE STUPID THEORY THAT AFRICAN-AMERICANS ARE MORE GENETICALLY INCLINED TO GAIN MUSCLE TO REST. It's ignorant and unintelligent. Why? Well, for the reason that when English and Spanish slave traders went to Africa to bring slaves back to America and the Caribbean, they looked for the strongest and most built Africans. Thus, modern-day African Americans derive from the "best of the best" of their people. They are not as strong and built as they are because of genetics. It's due to SELECTIVE BREEDING (topic of Darwinian interest).

There is a difference between saying that the average African, whether still living in Africa or an African descendant brought to the U.S., is more genetically inclined to gain muscle as compared to selectively choosing a small amount of them who are the cream of the crop and bringing them to America. Overall genetically, Africans are not more inclined to gain muscle. The freakish amount of muscle gains by African descendants in America is NOT TYPICAL OF AFRICANS OVERALL.

Last edited:
Well lets see.......I should point out the obvious. The original post referred to African americans. Secondly, slave traders were not too specific about who they captured. They would take whole villages. They would not look for individuals based upon how 'built' they were. The blacks in the UK, USA etc today are descended from those that were lucky enough to survive the hard journey.

HULKSTER said:
There is a difference between saying that the average African, whether still leaving in Africa or an African descendant brought to the U.S., is more genetically inclined to gain muscle as compared to selectively choosing a small amount of them who are the cream of the crop and bringing them to America. Overall genetically, Africans are not more inclined to gain muscle. The freakish amount of muscle gains by African descendants in America is NOT TYPICAL OF AFRICANS OVERALL.

Actually I thought the folks with the excess fast twitch fibre al originated frmo the same part of the african coast. But that certainly puts an interetsing twist on it.

However, the Kenyans certainly can run. And it's in their culture, one of my roommates in college was Kenyan, parents from India, and she could run like she was on a motorcycle, for miles....

my view of the topic is they are at a advantage,but you must remember that most of the african american people had ancestors who were slaves and then it was survival of the fittest,the masters basically weeded out the weak ones because they could not work as well, the result is people who can be very good athletes

just my 2cents

So they spent money buying the slaves and then deliberately weeded out the weak? Being weak does not stop you doing some form of work. And any work is better than no work afterall.

The Canadian Oak said:
my view of the topic is they are at a advantage,but you must remember that most of the african american people had ancestors who were slaves and then it was survival of the fittest,the masters basically weeded out the weak ones because they could not work as well, the result is people who can be very good athletes

just my 2cents

yes but when you look at the conditions the slaves lived in you had to be very strong,work on little food and water and work in the hot sun all day,a weaker slave could not be bent over all day picking cotton in those conditions

I believe those genes helped you do the work,and thats why most blacks have these genes because the bad ones were weeded out,just my opinion,may be off base but its what I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom