Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

African Americans are able to build more muscle more quickly-

Status
Not open for further replies.
circusgirl said:
I think I read somewhere that the people with more fast twitch muscle firbre all originally acme from a certain part of West Africa. Now you will find these folks in the US and the Carribean and in the UK. They certainly dominate track athletics at a high level - I think that there is a definite genetic superiority for running FAST there.

I think there is the reverse with folks from a certain part of East Africa (parts of Ethiopia and Kenya). They are the best long distance runners in the world, without question. And it's not just that track is their national sport, although that helps, and not just the altitude, although that also helps. They just must have a higher natural Vo2 max or something.

It doesn't mean person A will be faster than person B, unless they train in an identical manner... kinda like a woman can squat more than a man if he doesn't train and she does, but with equivalent training, and starting BW, the guy will always be able to bench more...

Bingo :)

This is not the end all be all here. We are talking about a scenario where you take 2 elite athletes- one black and one white- give them identical training and diet which they do in the highest levels of athletics- and the black will be faster. Obviously environment has something to do with all this no one would think to deny that.

Hulkster you make a good point (in a rather offensive way). Now what you're saying doesn't make sense, however, as the studies that the articles are referring to looked at both african americans in the US and in africa, and found a preponderance of fast-twitch muscle fibers- amongst other things as compared to whites.

Also- darwinian evolution does not cleanly apply when talking about a population of human beings who naturally try to help and cater to those who are weaker than they are. The instinct to help a fellow human in a similarly bleak situation.

Also- evolution takes hundreds of generations, not 200 years.

There are 2 real issues to debate here:
1) Do blacks biologically speaking have these differences as compared to whites-
*Now this is most certainly yes as we can see by the athletic performance of blacks in elite sports as well as by simple biological comparrison of blacks to whites. This issue, with the advancement of the human genome project, is now essentially fact.

2) Do these differences make blacks superior athletes?
*This issue could have a little more debate to it. But still, we look to biology and see that more fast-twitch muscle fibers, more muscle glycogen, etc... all allow an african american to build more muscle more quickly.

I think we've all accepted the fact that these first two premises are correct. Now we are arguing about whether or not the differences between the races have to do with a "natural selection" type process or are inherintly different due to race.

I hope in the preceeding section that i have a convincing argument for the fact that these differences are very broad and general. Blacks that originated from a certian part of africa, looking both at blacks in america and blacks in africa, have more fast twitch fibers. Since we are looking at a broad cross-section of blacks it could not be the result of some sort of natural selection.

And as i said natural selection takes hundreds of generations for adaption. It is impossible for this process to occur in a couple hundred years.

Last edited:
running from master all day=2 things

you have to be fast to get away from master. so good speed(fast twitch muscle fibers)

and you have to be able to run long distances to escape whitey, which=greater lung capacity(endurance)

:D

big_bad_buff said:
running from master all day=2 things

you have to be fast to get away from master. so good speed(fast twitch muscle fibers)

and you have to be able to run long distances to escape whitey, which=greater lung capacity(endurance)

:D

This is a joke, right?

That did it with big_bad_buff's comment. No more race threads they always degenerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom