Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice on building speed

musclebosun

One of my many goals at the moment is to reduce the time on my 2.4 km time trial. My pb is 8:58 but i average around 9:15. I would like to be able to keep it under 9 flat. I've heard that interval training is the best way to increase over all speed. any sprinters know how to structure a good interval training program? Any help be appreciated. :evil:

in my gym i saw a personal trainer strap a harness on a football player, and then put a rope on it like water skiing sort of and then he stood ona rag to eliminate friction, and made the guy do sprints on it.

the football player had this decent sized trainer hold onto him and still was running faster than i can normally. immagine what he can do without it.

also you can buy one of those parachutes u put on ur back specially designed to give wind resistance so it makes u faster (same principle).

or you can use a treadmill and up the speed each week by 2.5 sort of like 5x5 except on a treadmill speed setting, so eventually ull be going a bit faste rand faster each couple times u run!!! ( i invented this one i bet it doesnt work AT ALL)

or use a weighted vest

I'm in the army, and what helped me the most on my running, is pushing yourself harder, not matter if it makes you puke (well the best thing was go on a forced run as far out into Uijambu (sp?) in Korea, and then half to run back)but besides that I really liked interval training try jog 100meters, sprint 100meters, jog 200 meters sprint 200 meters, jog 400 meters, sprint 400 meters, jog 800 meters, sprint 800 meters (or as much as you can atleast) it comes out to just under 2 miles total running, but you will hurt like hell!!!

just my .02

Top Bottom