Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on alternative injection sites

MushroomsLOL

I need a new alternate injection site. Usually I rotate my glutes and pecs, but I had gyno surgery a few months ago and the whole area is sore and covered with scar tissue. So I need to pick something else.

I've tried looking up info on alternate injection sites but I still have some questions. I'm looking at quads or delts. I'm using the green 21gx1.5" (0.8x38mm) pins.

1. Quads: are these pins ok to use? This probably sounds stupid but it looks almost as if the needle is too long and will go straight through the muscle. Should I push the pin in from the side, so it goes through the muscle and across the leg, rather than directly down from the top of it? Also there are prominent veins everywhere, should I be looking at a more specific spot (other than the broad areas shown on google results)? I feel like I'm gonna be playing around dodging the veins...

2. Delts: I can't see any prominent veins here but again it looks like the pin might go straight through the muscle. Should I push those pins all the way in? I've had injections done there by the doctor but I don't know what pins they were or how far in they went. Thanks

21 g dang bro I go no lower than 23 I hate to tear up my muscles with pins

Delts I prefer 25 g
Quads 23 g

All one inch length

I hate quads, no matter what I always hit a nerve and walk with a limp the next day! Delts I don't mind at all, even if I hit a nerve some pain in the delt ia no big deal to me.

Best way to hit quad is to sit on toilet or chair and straighten leg out.. It loosens muscle

If it's bent then there is tension on it...don't flex it straight just enough where when u touch ur muscle it's not hard and the tension is relieved ..it's so painless and easy this way

I take my injections every other morning and it's part of my routine before shower

I actually touch the area I am gonna inject with the cap of my pin to see if my leg is relaxed enough then go in for the kill :)

If ur doing delt I rest my arm on top of the counter and keep it bent it also takes all the tension off the delt just rest the elbow on the counter and keep the 4arm flat u will see the muscle relaxed this way as well

I mostly do quads. I alternate between the two. To measure the best spot to pin: put one palm down on your leg with fingertips at your knee, and your other palm down with the wrist at your hip. Your two hands won't meet and there will be an open spot on top of your thigh. That's the zone I use. Either pin straight down, or slight angle from the outside. Leg relaxed and sitting down.

Glutes are another spot but hard to reach and hard to see on the drawback if you've hit a vein. If you have a medical professional to do it the glute is likely the ideal place.

Top Bottom