Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Nation of Wimps (News Article)

superdave said:
sorry about taht, we all have our childhood influences that affect us into adulthood.

eh. . .it ain't right but, it is what it is. . .i'm sure my dad thought he was doing the right thing. . .he didn't want his sons to be pussies. . .but i think he probably went a little overboard. . .on the flip side, over the years, i've found myself in some extremely uncomfortable situations and i always managed to keep my head while everyone else around me was shitting their pants or falling apart. . .there's a yin and yang to everything. . .

digimon7068 said:
eh. . .it ain't right but, it is what it is. . .i'm sure my dad thought he was doing the right thing. . .he didn't want his sons to be pussies. . .but i think he probably went a little overboard. . .on the flip side, over the years, i've found myself in some extremely uncomfortable situations and i always managed to keep my head while everyone else around me was shitting their pants or falling apart. . .there's a yin and yang to everything. . .
you were you held hostage or something?

superdave said:
you were you held hostage or something?

nah. . .nothing that dramatic. . .burning building, burning automobile, dangerous rip current. . .that kind of shit. . .things where struggling without thinking usually results in death. . .

that was a good read........me personally I think religion has infiltrated our society too much, and that's at the root cause of this sissification. Religion in general has sought to control the youth so that they can be assured of their outcome when they reach adulthood. This place does need to get meaner to some extent........if you're bullied in school for example, you should be encouraged to stand up for yourself and fight back, instead of turning the other cheek........which just makes you a mark anyway. But it'll never happen people.........you know why? It encourages "individualism"........and individualists tend to think for themselves, and not as a group........which right now is contrary to this society and what it's trying to achieve. Look how easily we're all sated by pop culture.......and what we let swing by unnoticed. And it ain't gonna change........people will not give up their "comfort"..

digimon7068 said:
. . .none of us (my brothers or me) have probably shed a tear for years. . .i don't really remember how. . .

Obviously none of you have seen that thread about Jnevin in the park...

redsamurai said:
that was a good read........me personally I think religion has infiltrated our society too much, and that's at the root cause of this sissification. Religion in general has sought to control the youth so that they can be assured of their outcome when they reach adulthood. This place does need to get meaner to some extent........if you're bullied in school for example, you should be encouraged to stand up for yourself and fight back, instead of turning the other cheek........which just makes you a mark anyway. But it'll never happen people.........you know why? It encourages "individualism"........and individualists tend to think for themselves, and not as a group........which right now is contrary to this society and what it's trying to achieve. Look how easily we're all sated by pop culture.......and what we let swing by unnoticed. And it ain't gonna change........people will not give up their "comfort"..

guess that explains the seemingly endless line of people in afghanistan, iraq and gaza that are willing to strap bombs on themselves and blow themselves to bits in the name of religion. . .

digimon7068 said:
guess that explains the seemingly endless line of people in afghanistan, iraq and gaza that are willing to strap bombs on themselves and blow themselves to bits in the name of religion. . .

it's a different dynamic over there.........it's about desperation. People willing to do that have nothing to live for and fell for the lies about the whole 75 virgins thing. I wonder what they promise the female bombers.........what, you can be someone's "virgin", one of 75..........how.........how rewarding........... :rolleyes:

digimon7068 said:
Or the high number of servicemen/women who are deployed to Iraq/Afgan that are religious. Surely they are pussies.

Top Bottom