Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A little help for a weak novice

Jayster4867

Dear all,

Forgive me for my ignorance but this is all new. I am a soon to be 35 year father of 2. I want to get strong and I'd if poss achieve an ascetically pleasing body ( I appreciate this is hugely subjective). I stumbled across the stronglifts 5x5 program and figured I'd just hammer away at that for a year or two, clean up my diet and ramp up the cardio in order to build a foundation of strength. Then when I'm not so pathetically weak, move to a more bodybuilding style of training ( not sure what that is yet) . Can anyone tell me if this makes sense, if I'm thinking along the right lines or if I'm way of base. Also, I, struggling to get into the gym owing to work but have inherited a load of standard (1" as a pose to the olympic 2") weights, a barbell (10 kg ) and dumbells. If I bought a power rack could I use this in my garage or should I try and get the olympic weights and a 20kg barbell?

Thanks in advance folks

5x5's is a good way to start following a clear work out plan, although 12 weeks is about all I cared to do it for. It might be good for you longer since your struggling to get to the gym as the layout is 3 days a week. You can stick to it while researching diet and other work out routines.

Forgive me for my ignorance but this is all new. I am a soon to be 35 year father of 2. I want to get strong and I'd if poss achieve an ascetically pleasing body ( I appreciate this is hugely subjective). I stumbled across the stronglifts 5x5 program and figured I'd just hammer away at that for a year or two, clean up my diet and ramp up the cardio in order to build a foundation of strength. Then when I'm not so pathetically weak, move to a more bodybuilding style of training ( not sure what that is yet) . Can anyone tell me if this makes sense, if I'm thinking along the right lines or if I'm way of base. Also, I, struggling to get into the gym owing to work but have inherited a load of standard (1" as a pose to the olympic 2") weights, a barbell (10 kg ) and dumbells. If I bought a power rack could I use this in my garage or should I try and get the olympic weights and a 20kg barbell?

Top Bottom