Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

80 grams of carbs per day about right for contest dieting 12 weeks out?

harmonic

I have cut the carbs to about 80 per day, and I still have 12 weeks til the show and about 20-25 lbs to lose. Think that I'm starting the carb depletion too early?

YOu cant set a "number of grams" really..IT depends on your weight of course and metabolism. I would go with 30% of daily total calories coming from carbs ...80 grams is 320 calories which isnt very much at all..unless you are trying to get into Ketosis or do a CKD then its way too much

Kakdiesel said:
YOu cant set a "number of grams" really..IT depends on your weight of course and metabolism. I would go with 30% of daily total calories coming from carbs ...80 grams is 320 calories which isnt very much at all..unless you are trying to get into Ketosis or do a CKD then its way too much

I'm just trying to lose weight for the show. I'm eating plenty of protein ie: steak, tuna, and chicken. For my carbs, I either have a bagel and or a serving of oatmeal twice a day. I have about 25lbs to lose in 12 weeks, and thats kinda cutting in close for me time wise anyhow.

I would start the contest diet like this and then adjust as you go...

12 x bodyweight = calories

40% Protein
30% Carbs
30% Fats

so say you are 220lbs

Start with 2640cals - 264g Pro - 198g Carbs - 88g of Fats

Then when results slow you adjust one of 3 factors.

First factor is cardio, second is ratio of Pro/carbs/fats and last is calories

So eventually you will have 6 times 60min of cardio in there and the ratio of cals will be 60/20/20 instead.

Good luck and keep us posted...

Drexx is on the money, and there are certain AS compounds that promote fat loss....Anavar being one of them...

The DNP is a good route as well....the summertime sweats must be factored in as well though....

The major key, as Drexx pointed out is simply cardio and diet...as you get closer you may consider wringing the water out a bit more, but from your pic's....you shouldn't have a big prob Harm...

Ranger

Top Bottom