Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 - Changing main exercise?

robigd

In the 5x5 workout, do you ever change the primary exercise(5x5)? I.e, switching from bench to incline?

I usually switch the auxilliary exercises up every couple weeks.. is this ok as well?

I would not switch up the primary movements for at least 6-8 weeks. How often were you looking to change them?

Switching up the seconday exercises should be fine, I did it when I was doing a 5x5 routine. It might not be the optimum way of doing a 5x5 program, but it worked for me.

well, I have been on the program for around 8 weeks, and haven't plateaued yet, but I feel a plateau coming shortly. I'd prefer NOT to switch up the primary exercise if I don't have to, but I was just wondering about the whole CNS thing, and your body getting used to the exercises.

I do 5x5 with incline, decline, and bench everyday i do chest on 5x5 week.
I alternate from 10x10 to 5x5 every week.
Example:
Week 1: 5x5 for 3 chest
Week 2:10x10 for 1 chest and 3x10 on pec deck
Week 3-8: alternate like that

but on my 10x10 week for my 1 chest i do an exersize that I my have been getting weaker on or need to catch up to the other exersizes.
Example:
On 5x5 week if im benching 275, incline 225, and decline 285. On my 10x10 week i will do incline for that week to help get stronger in that exercize.

I hope this makes sense and possible helps you out. It works wonders for me.

Top Bottom