Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 accessory question

snyper99

im currently doing madcow's 5x5

mon/fri-squat,bench,bent over row accessory-side laterals,rear laterals,shrugs
wed-squat,ohp,deadlift accessory-bis and tris(light)

so my question is,should i switch to doing delts on wednesday and bis&tris on mon/fri?
Im more concerned with having bigger delts than bis and tris cause im narrow shouldered.

Since you're more concerned with your delts, keep it as is. Assuming the Monday accessory work isn't negatively effecting your overhead press or deadlift.

If this is your first bout with the 5x5 I would dump the side lat and rear lat work and put in another day of OHP.. That is gonna give you way more then the isolation. Keep the shurgs and dont worry about bies and tries. They get plenty of stimulation indirectly.
Also EAT! For this program to work you HAVE to be in surpluse mode for cals.
Good luck bro!

If this is your first bout with the 5x5 I would dump the side lat and rear lat work and put in another day of OHP.. That is gonna give you way more then the isolation. Keep the shurgs and dont worry about bies and tries. They get plenty of stimulation indirectly.
Also EAT! For this program to work you HAVE to be in surpluse mode for cals.
Good luck bro!
yeah,first time with 5x5.i would like to keep side and rear laterals cause ive read about shoulder/RC problems from not having equally developed delts.ive also read that having developed medial and posterior heads make your shooulder look wider.as for bis and tris i just do a couple of sets and im done.

yeah,first time with 5x5.i would like to keep side and rear laterals cause ive read about shoulder/RC problems from not having equally developed delts.ive also read that having developed medial and posterior heads make your shooulder look wider.
Overhead pressing hits front and side delts, BBL rows also hit rear delts. These right here are what add mass to your shoulders bro. If you are having this much extra energy that you can do this extra work IMO you should increase your sets (till you get to heavier weights in the 5x5) When Im at my starting weights in the 5x5 thats exactly what I do. I consider it to be getting my tendons and ligs ready for the heavy work that is soon coming.
as for bis and tris i just do a couple of sets and im done.
Best regards bro and good luck on your program.

Best regards bro and good luck on your program.
I just wrapped up week 7 and I actually had to "de-load" on certain exercises cause i was stalling.I have always put emphasis on my shoulders since I started lifting,I don't do a ton of sets for shoulder accessory work,i just do a few to get that extra umph.

I just wrapped up week 7 and I actually had to "de-load" on certain exercises cause i was stalling.I have always put emphasis on my shoulders since I started lifting,I don't do a ton of sets for shoulder accessory work,i just do a few to get that extra umph.

How's the program treating you man?

How's the program treating you man?
pretty good,had to take last week off due to some prior commitments i had and i started back up this week and felt weaker.hopefully it was just due to my fatigue from last week along with not being able to eat properly.

pretty good,had to take last week off due to some prior commitments i had and i started back up this week and felt weaker.hopefully it was just due to my fatigue from last week along with not being able to eat properly.

So you've had good progress and results from your 5x5 program.

Good too see man keep it up I'm interested on how it goes

Top Bottom