Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5rm PR today

Gentleman,
Im 25 and been training about 10 years. I inherited arthritic knees from my mother and tore the hell out of them playing football in high school. Each knee has been scoped, the right had a dislocated patella and torn cartilage and the left had a severe tear in the cartilage, in high school. Problem is that both need to be scoped again to remove all the torn shit now. Since i already have problems with my knees, i dont push my luck anymore, just hit a solid set of 10 with 315 and that's it.

front sqauts (give you a nice sweeping thigh): i use to love doing them, but fucked my left knee up about a year or so ago doing light weight (135 or 185). I had a ton of water on my knee for about 2 weeks, then it slowly disapated. I went to the doc about a week later and he said to just take it easy, so now i only do regular squats.

i think the point is to always be aware fo form first..like i said injury can happen at anytime for whatever reason..our bodies are all built differently..some can flat bench elbows 90 degrees with a ton of weight and never hae problems others can squat knees over toes and not have knee problems..its all a risk but with good form you lessen the risk a great degree..

WalkingBeast said:
Great work on the 365 brother!! Keep KILLING that shit!! 405 for reps soon!

ill get it soon, although i got hammerend today when i did a low box squat (2 inches below parallel) with 435. which only pissed me off, and i went on to do a 405 SLDL (used straps.) :beer:

really strong squats!! congratulations.

Tom, i don't think any kind of squat will just suddenly blow out your knee unless you're really unlucky or try something stupid. if squatting is damaging anything you'll get mild inflammation, tendonitis, etc as warning signs long before things get totally fucked up unless you have some terrible accident.

Top Bottom