Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5rm PR today

Illuminati

i almost skipped out on todays squat day, because i had been having some lower back problems. but i decided to push it today. got in there, and was feeling great. (other than having to wait for some dumb ass to get done doing a cross between a bar curl and a hip thrust in the power rack.)
hit my first couple sets, and had no pain in my lower back at all. so i decided to go for a 5rm. first two sets of five were a warm up (315x5 and then 335x5.) my next set i went with 355x5. got it no problem, 5 reps down to parallel.
so i put on 365. the most reps i had gotten before was 3. but today i was gonna push it. i got the first 3, no problem, and struggled for a second with the 4th. i almost decided to rack it, but my inner drive kicked in, and told me to stop being a wuss and go for it. got down to parallel, and got out of the hole, then the struggle hit. i continued to drive down and out through the floor. and managed to lock it out. then i quickly racked it, and puked almost missing the trash.
but i hit a new 5RM today of 365.

congrats on the PR.

I skipped legs today too, but due to some horrible lower back spasms, all steming from fucking weighted hypers on monday.

wnt2bBeast said:
nicew work its good to hear squat PR's..i planning one myslef :biggrin:

Ahh, forget squat PRs. lol.

Just messing with ya, ive stuck with 315 for 10 for the past year or so to save the knees from the wear and tear.

cwick0 said:
Ahh, forget squat PRs. lol.

Just messing with ya, ive stuck with 315 for 10 for the past year or so to save the knees from the wear and tear.
but at least you still squat..some dont even bother!!! 315 for 10 aint shabby either bro

wnt2bBeast said:
but at least you still squat..some dont even bother!!! 315 for 10 aint shabby either bro

I usually squat once a week and then do straight leg deads. Problem is then i slack big time on regular deads, not to mention i hate'em.

Wait a second, what wear and tear on the knees? How old are you, cwick?

I don't wanna ruin my knees from squatting now. :worried: Dammit.

Tom Treutlein said:
Wait a second, what wear and tear on the knees? How old are you, cwick?

I don't wanna ruin my knees from squatting now. :worried: Dammit.
cwick had a bad injury i believe doing front squats..lets face it injury can occur with anything dbell presses are highly dangerous when u get to very heavy weights one slip out of the groove you kiss your shoulders goodbye..i wouldnt worry about messing your knees up especially if your form is good.. ive had knee surgery and i squat..i just take precatuions and always warm up and i use knee wraps..its all part of the game we play..maybe cwick will exapnd on this and tell us what happened??

Top Bottom