Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

needsize said:
thanks spatts, I just wish we had all the questions that were asked along with the answers, thats where the real info in the thread lay

thanks bra, u r one of the best, do u take any supplements, plz suggest some

needto, here is a post about the 5x5, as you can see there are a ton of people on here who loved the routine

gurusevuppal, sorry bro, just noticed your post....as for supps, personally all I ever found worked for me was creatine, and lots of protein, and stuff for my joints

It would be ALOT to write down. But you can check my journal and get all my routines right there. My training gets extremely unconventional with extreme volume and intensity. Its something Ive built up to over the years. When I started training it was high volume, so I became conditioned to take alot of abuse. Atleast thats my theory. I think you get what you train for, for the most part. This is the split Ive been using with 2-3 days off per week, thrown in wherever I feel necessary. Lately Ive been taking two days off after back work to make sure Im strong for chest days. I would modify it to fit your training style and goals. Im focusing on both strength and bodybuilding so my training is a mix. Heres the split:

Day 1:Back and Deadlifts
Day 2:Chest and Speed Bench
Day 3: Triceps and Biceps
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Upper Chest and Shoulders

I should add, all the accessory work like abs,rear delts, traps, forearms etc can be added anywhere you like. I usually train abs 4x a week for strength, with weighted movements and rear delts once to twice a week.Hope that helps!!
is this 5 days a week or rest when ever you feel you need it?
could you give me a sample of your workout please.
cheers

Hey, I have been doing the 5x5 for a few months and it was going really well except that I overdid my excess calorie intake. So I decided to cut, only I had a month where I didnt really have the time to hit the gym except a few weight sessions.

So now I am starting to cut again. Should I continue doing the 5x5 program while I am losing fat? Obviously I cant expect the same gains, or maybe even going backwards slightly, but should I stick with the same routines? Also, anybody know of any good cutting thread? Ive tried searching but cant find enough good advice.

this is a size/strength program, it really wont work if you arent eating enough calories

But at the same time you want to stimulate the muscles maximally to grow instead of going into diet and cardio induced catabolism. I say heavy compound movements that the 5x5 employs are by far the best method to prevent this situation.

I'm in the same boat. Don't expect to gain strength on your lifts, but still go balls to the wall to prevent muscle wasting.

But at the same time you want to stimulate the muscles maximally to grow instead of going into diet and cardio induced catabolism. I say heavy compound movements that the 5x5 employs are by far the best method to prevent this situation.

I'm in the same boat. Don't expect to gain strength on your lifts, but still go balls to the wall to prevent muscle wasting.

I personally do like to continue to try and train heavy when dieting, but I have also found I dont need it to maintain my size, training light has also worked during diets....but I am also not "natural" so its hard to say how much is related to that

I just have a few questions..
1, I started the program on a thursday so did saturday and monday. do I my next work out or can i do my next work out today (wednesday) or do i need to wait to thursday? I feel and think I would be able to work out every other day..

2, When i work out I'm worried that only one half of my body is getting a work out or pumped. and the other half isn't. for example. My right arm is 1 inch bigger than my left and that seems to be the arm the gets pumped, and my left chest is bigger is bigger but the right chest feels like its getting pump. I am making sure i lift or try to lift the bar equal.. I can also notice my right forearm is getting bigger compared to my left.. I know its only been 1 week bbut I am actually noticing them (my arms) getting bigger, and worried at this rate my right arm is going to be massive compared to my left. (the chest Im not really bothered about as the right one could do with getting the same time.. Im as you said my clothes even feel different and my posture is better as I'm feeling taller lol) btw I'm 26, I haven't do any excerises in 10 years Im 5'9 and 66.7kg

I just have a few questions..
1, I started the program on a thursday so did saturday and monday. do I my next work out or can i do my next work out today (wednesday) or do i need to wait to thursday? I feel and think I would be able to work out every other day..

2, When i work out I'm worried that only one half of my body is getting a work out or pumped. and the other half isn't. for example. My right arm is 1 inch bigger than my left and that seems to be the arm the gets pumped, and my left chest is bigger is bigger but the right chest feels like its getting pump. I am making sure i lift or try to lift the bar equal.. I can also notice my right forearm is getting bigger compared to my left.. I know its only been 1 week bbut I am actually noticing them (my arms) getting bigger, and worried at this rate my right arm is going to be massive compared to my left. (the chest Im not really bothered about as the right one could do with getting the same time.. Im as you said my clothes even feel different and my posture is better as I'm feeling taller lol) btw I'm 26, I haven't do any excerises in 10 years Im 5'9 and 66.7kg

The 5 x 5 isn't for getting you "pumped" as it were. It isn't that kind of a program. However, instead of just leaving the gym with temporarily blood-engorged muscles (a pump), it is just going to make you grow period. You'll find that the merits of a pump are actually debatable around these parts. You don't need them to get big or stronger. In fact one can probably argue that the best programs for putting on size my leave you with nary a pump in the whole cycle. A certainly never really got one in the 8 months of 5x5s I did. My legs, back, shoulders, and traps all still put on a FUCK LOAD of size (starting weight was 305 - I weight 308 now on top of dropping around 4 inches off my waist).

i first came across needsizes 5x5 in 2003 i think,,,and so far have not yet come across a better routine for size or strength...

Top Bottom