Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 X 5 Training Method

I must say, Ive been incorporating the 5X5 into my flat bench routine to get back in shape from my injury, and Im liking the progress of the routine alot. The volume by itself wouldnt do much for me at all, but since I add extra volume it works out real well for me. Im going to stick with it for a while on the flat bench and inclines and see where I can take it. Its definately helping me to recover from the injury since it was so depressing busting my ass on chest days and making no progress. Gives me weekly goals to shoot for. Like that alot. Ill keep everyone updated in my journal. This week is 310 for 5x5 on flat bench, got 305 for 6x5 last week so shouldnt be a problem.

Quez1982 said:
can you guys write down your workout and split? i wanna see what you do for exercises if possible thx
5x5 CHEST
-bench (5x5)
-incline bench (2x12)
-decline dumbell press or cable crossovers (2x12)

5x5 BACK
-Deadlift (5x5)
-Rowing (2x12)
-Lat pulldowns (2x12) or pullups

5x5 LEGS
-Squats on smith machine (5x5)
-calves raises (2x12)
-Leg presses or Leg extentions (2x12)

i do 5x5 for arm also all in one day... bis and tris
and on the chest day i do my abs...

french tickler said:
5x5 CHEST
-bench (5x5)
-incline bench (2x12)
-decline dumbell press or cable crossovers (2x12)

5x5 BACK
-Deadlift (5x5)
-Rowing (2x12)
-Lat pulldowns (2x12) or pullups

5x5 LEGS
-Squats on smith machine (5x5)
-calves raises (2x12)
-Leg presses or Leg extentions (2x12)

i do 5x5 for arm also all in one day... bis and tris
and on the chest day i do my abs...
forgot to add shoulders to that... lol...

Quez1982 said:
can you guys write down your workout and split? i wanna see what you do for exercises if possible thx

It would be ALOT to write down. But you can check my journal and get all my routines right there. My training gets extremely unconventional with extreme volume and intensity. Its something Ive built up to over the years. When I started training it was high volume, so I became conditioned to take alot of abuse. Atleast thats my theory. I think you get what you train for, for the most part. This is the split Ive been using with 2-3 days off per week, thrown in wherever I feel necessary. Lately Ive been taking two days off after back work to make sure Im strong for chest days. I would modify it to fit your training style and goals. Im focusing on both strength and bodybuilding so my training is a mix. Heres the split:

Day 1:Back and Deadlifts
Day 2:Chest and Speed Bench
Day 3: Triceps and Biceps
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Upper Chest and Shoulders

I should add, all the accessory work like abs,rear delts, traps, forearms etc can be added anywhere you like. I usually train abs 4x a week for strength, with weighted movements and rear delts once to twice a week.Hope that helps!!

I noticed that on leg day hammies were not singled out for the 5x5 routine same as traps or calfs. Doesnt every muscle get the same treatment? ie traps 5x5 bb shrugs 2x10 db shrugs 2x10 close grip bb shrugs. Or hammies 5x5 sldl 2x10 lungewalks 2x10 curls.

BIGDHO said:
I noticed that on leg day hammies were not singled out for the 5x5 routine same as traps or calfs. Doesnt every muscle get the same treatment? ie traps 5x5 bb shrugs 2x10 db shrugs 2x10 close grip bb shrugs. Or hammies 5x5 sldl 2x10 lungewalks 2x10 curls.

BIGHO- hammies dont get single out with 5x5 scheme caus you suppose to squat 5x5 first, since it hit quads and hamstring then go to an accessory movement that will hit them hard.

5x5 squat
2x8-10sldl
2x8split squat or front squat
then if you don't feel it is enough you could do
2-3x10 ham curls
2-3x10leg ext

the only factor is not to work to failure again and again during the routine but for each week to progressively add weight, even to the secondary excercises. You know this of course but for thoses reading

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I figured but I wanted to get a second opinion. I think Im going to use this program when I start bulking next week.

Top Bottom