Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

45 Plate Broke My Big Toe Today

miked8c

Working up to my working weight today on the DL. Was going to throw a 45 on the bar, I was pulling it off the weight rack, which was at a high level to my chest. As I was sliding off the 45, I saw some kids enter the gym out of the corner of my eye. Absentmindedly I let go of the 45 too look over, thinking it was still being supported by the weight rack, it was not.

I could have not dropped the plate in a worse way if I had tried.

My weight lifting shoes (Do Wins) have nothing by a thing suede patch covering the toes.

The rim of the 45 came down straight on the knuckle of my big toe, right foot. Guillotine style, French Revolution baby.

Once I felt the impact I knew what happened, but it did not really register because of the adrenaline going through me from my warm ups.

That lasted for about 10 seconds, where I tried to walk it off, then I heard ringing in my ears, my vision blurred and I felt nauseous and weak.

Stopped my workout right away, sat down for a bit in case I fainted and then walked to trainer. I need an Xray tomorrow, but looking at the sucker now I can already tell its broken. Shit is swollen, can barely fit me foot into my shoes.

Anyone got any broken toe stories, advice. Not looking forward to being set back.

sorry to hear that bro... thankfully ive never broken a bone... dropped a plate on my food before, but only from about a half a foot up off a weight tree...
pinched my hand putting the bar back in the rack... burns on my arm from resetting the fuse on the dry sauna many times... bruises from running into bars set on a bench etc... some nasty sprains from missed clean and jerks :evil: if it dosnt kill you it can only make you stronger...

Got an Xray yesterday, I broke it in 3 places but I didn't have to get it reset which is all I could ask for.

Don't know how long I'll wear this boot, but no legs for at least a couple of weeks.

I did the same thing back in college, but with a 35lb plate. I had just finished my last set of bench press and went to clean the bar. I was joking around with someone else in the gym and absent mindedly reached to pull a 45 off the bar but forgot that there was a 35 lb in front of it. The 35 lb plate dropped right off the bar onto my foot. Broke my big toe and in the process took the nail right off the toe. Had the same light headed feeling after I did it. I sat down for a minute and debated whether I wanted to take my shoe off because I didn't think I would be able to get it back on again to walk back to my dorm room. Took a year for the nail to grow back.

Top Bottom