Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 week out from the contest

Deciever

im 1 week out from my contest... and i got a cold today! this sucks.. im all congested and tired... why now? i hadn't been sick in over a year...

last week i set 2 new pr, and tied one..

at 132 lbs and 14..
i benched 185
deadlifted 315( it goes up every time i deadlift :) )
squated 265.. (up from 225 last week)i was amazed with this, it was onoly with knee wraps and a belt.

im hoping that the cold wont really effect my lifting much.. any remedies to get rid of it quicker?

Before I say it take vitamins and minerals you might wanna try some tylenol cold I know that helps me. But if you are under weight for your weight class then eating and resting gets a cold away fast. Congrats on ur PR's. One thing that i know people have done is sweat out ur cold turn up ur heater get under the covers and comforter and sleep just sweat it out.

oh shit, i forgot to take my multi today, thanks for the vitamin remind... im waiting for the nyquil to kick in an y time so i can fall asleep.. i've upped my water intake to almost 1 1/2 gallons a day to flush out my system.. i'll try sweating it out by trying cardio tomorrow.. i'll also be taking glutamine too (dont know if that is gonna do anything but it cant hurt)

I probably got the same thing you do. I went to the doc on thursday because i am not going to miss the next three weeks before my comp because of a cold. I'm still training but coming home almost pucking. Oh well, its better than sitting on my ass wishing i had gone to the gym and missing a workout.
My advice would be get in to a doctor before you loose to much sleep.

UUMMMM deciever one thing bro I don't think doing cardio if your preparing for a meet i don't think that's the best thing bro. I mean i know cardio doesn't hurt all that much but according to brianmincher it turns test into estrogen. So I doubt you want that!!!

cubanito.. thanks for the info...

all i know is that i cant eat anything, with out it coming out my ass in 10 minutes(thats a bit too much info right there).. oh well, i hope i get better soon

yeah hopefully i'll be fine.. i managed to keep the food inside me for an hour after i ate dinner .. thats anew PR

Also, you can increase your anti-oxidant intake to help. Specifically vitamin A, which directly stimulates the immune system. I regularly take 50,000 IU/day. Vitamin C is effective (and cheap), and should be taken every four hours as it has a very short half-life, and at least a gram at a time (vitamin C is water soluble, and you will simply piss out the excess).

Drink at least two gallons of water a day, and avoid caffeine. You do not wish to become dehydrated when you are sick.

hey everyone. im starting to feel a bit better(dont know if its all the medicine or if i m just feeling better). i've been taking most of the advice. started my multi again, upped my water intake, some vitamin c..etc

Top Bottom