Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tricks of the trade ( WITH CEO AND NEEDTO)

Arnold Presses for the peeps who do not know what they are yet. Love these.

Arnold Presses are a great delt exercise. They’re very similar to typical overhead dumbbell presses but with a slight twist (literally).

First, grab two dumbbells and sit down on a low chair or flat bench. Start out with the weights at shoulder level and your palms facing in toward your body. The position is very similar to the top position when doing dumbbell curls. From there, using a smooth motion, press the weights upward in an arc over your head, rotating your wrists outward as you do so. By the time you are halfway through the movement your elbows should be pointing away from your body. The top position should find your arms overhead, weights close together or slightly touching, and your palms facing out away from your body. Next, reverse the motion, lowering the weigths back down to shoulder level and rotating your wrists in so you are once again at the starting position for the exercise. I’d recommend that you start out using slightly lighter weights than normal overhead dumbbell presses to give yourself a chance to get used the motion of the exercise. You can also perform these from a standing position if you like. This is a fantastic exercise for isolating the delts. I myself love to blast the hell out of every part of my shoulders!!!!

Your chest best friend guys. Never forget this.

Chest dips
Similar to the triceps version, chest dips closely resemble what you would be trying to accomplish with decline pressing except that you are focusing on building triceps strength for chest pressing rather than trying to work the phantom ‘lower pecs’. If you have bad shoulders consider skipping this exercise or work at it slowly by shallow dipping rather than deep dipping.

To set up: find yourself a dip station. Grab a weighted belt and some plates or a dumbbell if you need to add weight for your dips.

To dip: start at the top with your arms almost fully extended. The goal is to lean slightly forward in order to keep tension more so on the pecs than the triceps. Now dip down until your upper arms are parallel to the floor, or lower if it doesn’t bother your shoulders. Do not bounce at the bottom, instead pause for half a second. Squeeze your pecs and use your triceps to push yourself back to the top. Never lock your elbows.

Variations: assisted, bodyweight, weighted. You will also find dipping stations with adjustable handles so that you can use a wider or narrower hand position. Keep your body completely upright to focus on triceps instead of chest.

I could not find a chest dips video on YouTube that I approve of, so here’s one with a guy who is clearly going super heavy. Aside from locking out his elbows randomly throughout his sets, this is a pretty good demonstration of the chest dip.

YouTube - Chest and triceps workout HEAVY DIPS

Its simple. if you are not doing chest dips you suck and you are missing out big time

Here's a very simple thing that is so often overlooked.

KEEP A LOGBOOK!!!

I see so many people in the gym going around, doing exercises and not keeping track of what they are doing! Bodybuilding is about progressing. Doing more this time than you did last time. Getting stronger, getting bigger, lifting more weight, doing more reps, etc.

The people who don't keep a logbook are the ones who still look the same year after year. Anyone can make changes in their first year even without tracking their progression, but after you've been at it for a year or so, if you're not changing, gaining muscle, getting stronger, you are spinning your wheels. Might as well take up knitting.

Besides, it is pretty damn funny to look back over a year or two or ten, and see how much you were lifting then and how heacy you thought that was. LOL!

Write down the exercise, the weight, how many sets, how many reps, if something happened (ie. "felt pain in right knee during last set"). At least get the basics, but hell add anything you want that you think will help you. When I was starting out I wrote down everything I ate for the day and broke down the macros. I had a goal of how many calories, grams of protein, carbs, and fat I wanted to consume each day. Writing it down helped me reach and go beyond my goals.

Be sure to visit our sponsor, www.fitnessparadiseworld.com for more tips on training, diet, and supplements! Check out all the links there, you'll be glad you did!

Here's a very simple thing that is so often overlooked.

KEEP A LOGBOOK!!!

I see so many people in the gym going around, doing exercises and not keeping track of what they are doing! Bodybuilding is about progressing. Doing more this time than you did last time. Getting stronger, getting bigger, lifting more weight, doing more reps, etc.

The people who don't keep a logbook are the ones who still look the same year after year. Anyone can make changes in their first year even without tracking their progression, but after you've been at it for a year or so, if you're not changing, gaining muscle, getting stronger, you are spinning your wheels. Might as well take up knitting.

Besides, it is pretty damn funny to look back over a year or two or ten, and see how much you were lifting then and how heacy you thought that was. LOL!

Write down the exercise, the weight, how many sets, how many reps, if something happened (ie. "felt pain in right knee during last set"). At least get the basics, but hell add anything you want that you think will help you. When I was starting out I wrote down everything I ate for the day and broke down the macros. I had a goal of how many calories, grams of protein, carbs, and fat I wanted to consume each day. Writing it down helped me reach and go beyond my goals.

Be sure to visit our sponsor, www.fitnessparadiseworld.com for more tips on training, diet, and supplements! Check out all the links there, you'll be glad you did!

O hell ya

Arnold Presses for the peeps who do not know what they are yet. Love these.

Arnold Presses are a great delt exercise. They’re very similar to typical overhead dumbbell presses but with a slight twist (literally).

First, grab two dumbbells and sit down on a low chair or flat bench. Start out with the weights at shoulder level and your palms facing in toward your body. The position is very similar to the top position when doing dumbbell curls. From there, using a smooth motion, press the weights upward in an arc over your head, rotating your wrists outward as you do so. By the time you are halfway through the movement your elbows should be pointing away from your body. The top position should find your arms overhead, weights close together or slightly touching, and your palms facing out away from your body. Next, reverse the motion, lowering the weigths back down to shoulder level and rotating your wrists in so you are once again at the starting position for the exercise. I’d recommend that you start out using slightly lighter weights than normal overhead dumbbell presses to give yourself a chance to get used the motion of the exercise. You can also perform these from a standing position if you like. This is a fantastic exercise for isolating the delts. I myself love to blast the hell out of every part of my shoulders!!!!

do you actually do these? how are your joints? i believe these type movements are terrible, but im open to hearing arguments stating otherwise.

do you actually do these? how are your joints? i believe these type movements are terrible, but im open to hearing arguments stating otherwise.

Keep the movement slow,controlled, and steady. Yes When working out my shoulders I do pretty much every damn movement you can think of. I have to :heart:

Top Bottom