Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pyruvate taste like ASS!!!!!

growin'

Pyruvate taste like ASS!!!!! What a great way to ruin a tasty shake. Also, 10g in one sitting is way too much!!! Better lose some fat from this shite!

I hope that's a preworkout shake. A lot of people and crap mags like Muscle Media rip on pyruvate because most people don't take it the right way or enough of it.

You should only take it before a workout (usually cardio) and at least 4-6 grams. If you do that you will notice the effects.

Whoops, I was taking 15g a day split like:

5g Breakfast
5g Post Workout
5g before bed

Most of the research used like 30g ED. How would you split that up?

Thanks

Sounds like you're getting that stuff at a bulk price. Let me guess kilosports or beyond a century, right?
I have heard so much contradicting info on this supplement as I'm sure you have too.
I followed the advice of a good friend (and self-proclaimed guru)who used it. I took just 4 grams 15-20 minutes before cardio workouts only. I definitely noticed an increase in stamina and was sweatin my ass off.

Okay, here's why you take it when you do:
Pyruvate is supposed to kick in the kreb's cycle or when your body switches from burning carbs to fat. It is what your body produces naturally to kick this cycle into gear. By supplementing pyruvate before hand, you trick the body into doing this sooner.
Now I'm guessing the fat burning starts as soon as your body is at least warmed up, usually 5 minutes as opposed to 20-25 minutes without supplementing the pyruvate.
Since your body is sparing glycogen to burn fat, you will notice a huge increase in stamina.

Now I know a lot of people might flame me for this post. I've seen it posted as the most worthless supplement in that thread on this board. Muscle Media named it the biggest supplement scam of the year (at least that's what a friend told me, I don't read that crap).

But from my experience it works and there was definitely no placebo effect. I heard how this supplement was crap and tried it expecting nothing.

Unless your really active all day, just take it before your workouts, cardio or lifting. Otherwise you're wasting it.
And one last thing. The potassium is the best version. It also comes in sodium, calcium and creatine form (the acid has to bonded with some mineral or it will burn a hole in your stomach). Most weightlifters get enough calcium and sodium but most likely could use more potassium, that is why I recommend this. I'm way too skeptical on the claims made by the creatine version.

I didn't say it specifically, but yes it did. I never take measurements but it was noticable.

By the way, I'm gonna start taking CLA because I heard this one was useful to. I kept hearing about it about 6 months ago but never tried it. Now a lot of people are talking about it again. The theory on how it works kind of sinds like MCTs, which I thought was crap, and that's why I never tried CLA. The store I go to can't keep it in stock though.

Anyway, what the hell was I saying? Pyruvate works great with an EC stack and even better if you throw in some green tea extract.

growin' said:
Pyruvate taste like ASS!!!!! What a great way to ruin a tasty shake. Also, 10g in one sitting is way too much!!! Better lose some fat from this shite!

assmuncher

Top Bottom