Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, now I think Fedor is ducking the UFC.

i think Fedor could get Brock. Brocks ground game is still weak

brock was a dvision 1 national champion wrestler for 2 years straight. i think he has some grappling skills. i could be wrong though, but it seems like hed have a good idea what hes doing on the ground.

brock was a dvision 1 national champion wrestler for 2 years straight. i think he has some grappling skills. i could be wrong though, but it seems like hed have a good idea what hes doing on the ground.

Oh he's an outstanding wrestler for sure. I'm still uncertain what happened though in the Mir fight. Was Mir's submission skills any where near Fedor's? I would say no, but he's not too shabby yet he displayed ZERO aptitude on the ground in their last fight. I can't tell if that was just because Brock is too big and that little side headlock thing was just too dominant, or was Mir thinking he could let Brock tire himself out with GnP? If you look at Fedor's fights, the guy really is setting up a submission before he's fully on the ground. Mir appeared to "purposefully" put Brock in that half guard position and lay there, waiting.....for what I don't know. But the first fight Mir was much better at moving on the ground.

he may have grappling skills but do you think brock could stop fedors crazy submissions?

im thinking hes probably, or would be if he were fighting him, practicing all defenses for fedors moves. i think he would try to limit his ground offense training and really focus on what to do when hes locked up. im just guessing though. i dont have a clue what his training team plans as strategy when they fight different fighters.

Oh he's an outstanding wrestler for sure. I'm still uncertain what happened though in the Mir fight. Was Mir's submission skills any where near Fedor's? I would say no, but he's not too shabby yet he displayed ZERO aptitude on the ground in their last fight. I can't tell if that was just because Brock is too big and that little side headlock thing was just too dominant, or was Mir thinking he could let Brock tire himself out with GnP? If you look at Fedor's fights, the guy really is setting up a submission before he's fully on the ground. Mir appeared to "purposefully" put Brock in that half guard position and lay there, waiting.....for what I don't know. But the first fight Mir was much better at moving on the ground.

i dont want to come off like im extremely familiar with the sport or all the athletes so i dont know how brock would do, but what i have seen from fedor i would guess that brock would really just have to be set defensively. fedor is a great athlete, would be very difficult to defeat him.

We also dont know how hard lesnar can take a hit. He has only been punched a few times and they werent very hard, but it seemed like he got flustered when randy and mir tagged him a few times.

jacob, who the fuck is he going to fight in strikeforce? You have to acknowledge that the last couple years have been an absolute waste for possibly the greatest fighter in recorded competitive history. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but where else is he going to fight the likes of couture, Mir, Lesnar, velasquez, carwin.....a rematch with Crocop perhaps. I dunno, Maybe when I said "ducking" I was hasty.....maybe Dana's demands are just simply intolerable. I hope that's the case, I hope it's something like Dana wants to own his likeness for the rest of eternity kind of shit. Otherwise, he should get his ass to the UFC and "fight". He could already be a worldwide icon had he signed with the UFC some time ago. How old is he anyway?

I think Fedor is 31 or 32. I think the entire roster of the UFC heavyweights is composed of 2nd and 3rd tier fighters currently with he exception of maybe Couture and Lesnar. Noguiera is shot, probably thanks to Fedor. The UFC dumped Werdum. Gonzaga hasn't worked out. Kongo is far too one dimensional. Cro cop is a shadow of his former self, a former self which Fedor already whooped None of the new crop of heavyweights are proven. Fedor at this point has nothing to prove. He is the litmus for all other heavyweights. The heavyweight division of the UFC needs him more than he needs the heavyweight division of the UFC,

I think Strikeforce has potential. They also have a few very game heavyweights like Alistair Overeem, Andre Arlovski, and Brett Rogers. I don't think the disparity in competition in the heavyweights is like the disparity in competition in the lighter weights.

Fedor isn't ducking anyone. Fedor is loyal to M-1 Global. If the UFC wanted Fedor, all they had to do was agree to cross promote shows with M-1 Global. Strikeforce will cross promote with M-1 Global, hence Fedor went with the promotion that gave him what he wants.

I think Mir's whole strategy revolved around getting a leg lock out of half guard.

Top Bottom