Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

uhh...ill get right on that.

hmm, ive never needed bc because scotts been neutered. i thought most of them make you gain weight?

iron wings, do you run into this sort of trouble during your t.o.m.?

uhh...ill get right on that.

hmm, ive never needed bc because scotts been neutered. i thought most of them make you gain weight?

iron wings, do you run into this sort of trouble during your t.o.m.?
Not too much. I've been on a low estrogen bc for 17 years and am pretty stable. A little water weight but no more than a pound or two. Right now I don't have a cycle - I assume my BF% is too low.

Some do gain weight when going on a BC but if you get a low estrogen pill or a no estrogen (such as an IUD) there are no worries. Yasmin is a good choice. I would only consider it if you are really having problems and want to be more regulated.

For 12 weeks now I have been dieting for the first time in my life and I struggle with water a little. We aren't sure what is causing it. 4 weeks ago I cut calories significantly and blew up like a fish. I mean really - blew up. I had to take a water pill for 5 days to get it off of me. Yuck. I could literally feel it under my skin and my face felt like it was going to burst!

Hang in there....

yeah i was doing a low carb high protien diet for several months...then decided about 4 weeks ago to go at this ketosis diet very strict.....had great results...I lost about 6%bf in 4 weeks however...back started hurting and then went to doc who said had blood in urine...probably related to a small stone....doc recommended to cut protien intake by 1/3 and leave the ketosis stuff alone for awhile...have follow up visit next week...I figure i just over taxed my kidneys. NOt saying this will happen to everyone..just wanted people to know not smart to do it for long periods of time

went to the pharmacy yesterday, bought some ketostix.
the thing was that they would have to be ordered first...so i must wait to thursday to get them:(

i also took my bf...13%! me lean mass is 70,1 kg...now i weigh 80,1 kg.

80,1kg=176,59 pounds
Calories for fat loss: 2120 (bodyweight x 12)

protein:176,6 g 706,4 cals
2120-706,4= 1413,6 cals

1413,6/9=157.06 g fat

am i not doing this right....onebreath said that the fat is supposed to be higher than the protein.
onebreath...can u help me this last time bro.....?

and another thing....on the first carbup day, friday night...the fat, is it supossed to be under your bodyweight that day also or is it just on saturday?

Here are the calculations that Lyle McDonald uses (author of The Ketogenic Diet: A Complete Guide)

*Note I am using body weight as lbs in calculations unless otherwise specified. Some prefer to use lean muscle mass instead of body weight (theory from Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle - Tom Venuto)

Daily Low Carb (marcu your numbers are in blue)

Calories: 10 or 12 x body weight 2110

Protein*: .9 x body weight 158g, 634 calories

Carbs: >30 for everyone 30g, 120 calories

Fat: remainder of calories alloted 151g, 1356 calories

Carb Load (24 - 36 hours) assumes workout is in the late afternoon or evening

1. 5 hours prior to depletion workout consume 25 - 50g complex carbs with your normal high fat meal

2. 2 hours prior to depletion workout consumer 25 - 50g fructose carbs (100% fruit juice or fruit itself)

3. Immediately following workout consume 1.5g high GI carbs per kg of body weight with about half of that number in protein. A whey shake with honey or sugar is perfect for this. 120g carbs, 60g protein

4. 2 hours later consume approximately 200 carbs as part of your carb up prior to bed. This particular meal ideally contains fat and is not going to make or break your carb up. Just simply get some carbs in with fat and little protein. We like fresh made pizza for this.

5. Sleep

6. Carb Load continues - some find it beneficial to eat an equal amount of carbs every 2 hours while others will crame it in to 1, 2, or 3 meals. Research has shown that is is not the frequency that matters - only quantity.

Calories: 2 x maintenance calories
Carbs: 4.5g high GI carbs x body weight 792g, 3168 calories
Protein and Fat: remainder of calories are equally divided*

*Some stay as low as possible with both of these. Neither slow glucose synthesis however some find protein and fat with the high GI carbs blunts hunger and they can't get enough carbs in. The #1 rule is that you have to get all your carbs in. Period. The rest doesn't matter as long as you are within your calorie range for the carb load.

7. As the day winds down start to include slower digesting carbs - low GI carbs*

*What works well for onebreath and I is to focus on the sugar morning to mid afternoon where you will be getting very little fat and protein. Then in the evening have a pasta, bread, tortilla, rice like carb with the fat and protein we need to make up for the day. Worrying more about the carb content.

8. Next morning perform low intensity cardio for 45 - 60 minutes.

9. The training on Monday/Tuesday depends on how long you did your carb load. For 24 hours (from the time you ended your depletion workout to 24 hours later - including sleep) you would perform 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps for each body part. For 36 hours (onebreath and I do) perform 4 - 6 sets of 10 - 12 reps for each bodypart. I think onebreath posted workouts on this thread that will hit each muscle group needing to be worked. This is important. One muscle can't steal glucose from another so you have to deplete them individually.

10. The first couple of days you are back on low carb we prefer to have little to no carbs on those days to bring us into ketosis faster. This seems to work well and is a common practice.

Hope that helps everyone. Never hurts to repeat it. I would strongly recommend purchasing "A Ketogenic Diet: A Complete Guide" by Lyle McDonald to anyone considering this diet.

the thing was that they would have to be ordered first...so i must wait to thursday to get them:(

80,1kg=176,59 pounds

2120-706,4= 1413,6 cals

1413,6/9=157.06 g fat

am i not doing this right....onebreath said that the fat is supposed to be higher than the protein.

and another thing....on the first carbup day, friday night...the fat, is it supossed to be under your bodyweight that day also or is it just on saturday?
I'll let onebreath reply. Theory goes that you want fat to be the primary source of your diet. The calculations typically have your protein sitting just a tad over your fat. However, onebreath uses .8 instead of .9 to calculate his fat which leaves his protein a tad under his fat. This is working well for him.

Because it is so easy to get more protein than fat (particularly if your diet contains chicken, seafood or pork) it is wise to chose foods that have a higher fat content than protein or at least narrow the ratio. Build your diet with those key foods and then add additional lower fat, higher protein sources to meet your protein needs. We find that bacon, saudage, cheese, eggs, full fat dressing, and 80/20 hamburger are staples. Then we add vegetables, chicken and other foods to fill in the gaps.

The CKD is very individualized and they recommend taking the first three weeks to get to know what your body needs by how it responds. That doesnt mean cheating on the diet - it means playing with the numbers a bit each week to see what works best.

marcu - I know onebreath will help you as you go to adjust if you need it. Keep your thoughts on these three most important things:

1. Meet fat needs and keep carbs under 30g on low carb days (we prefer carbs to be veggies only so that you continue to get sufficient vitamins and minerals)
2. Ensure enough carbs are consumed during carb load
3. Train hard as designed for this diet

- You are going to do great!

Last little bit of info for this early morning ;-)

While on this diet it is common to have a deficiency in sodium, potassium, and magnesium. This deficiency can cause dehydration and muscle cramping. If you feel you might be depleted you can add the following supplements (advised by Lyle McDonald):

3 -5g sodium in addition to what is naturally in food - sea salt is a good source of this

1 gram of additional potassium - supplement

300mg Magnesium - supplement

80,1kg=176,59 pounds

2120-706,4= 1413,6 cals

1413,6/9=157.06 g fat

Ironwings straightened me out on this. For my personal calculations fat is greater than protein. For some egotistical reason i guess i assumed that fat>protein was a rule.

However basic math shows that as your total calorie intake goes down the fat and protein will eventually even out and then flipflop. The determining factors are how low you take your daily calories and which method you use to calculate your protein.

Sorry for the confusion. i really have no idea where i got the idea that fat>protein was a "rule".

Refer to ironwings post for details on the calculations. It sounds like you are doing good. Keep it up.

Top Bottom