Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

did Arnold overtrain back in 70s???

krnboitae

when does training become over-training???
I wanna get big but I don't wanna train to a point that I could injure myself....

How many sets did Arnold do???

Yeah, that's why he looked like shit. Too bad guys like Ulter, Lyle mcDonald and Bill Roberts weren't around to tell him how to do it right.

What did arnold do? Lift heavy as weights until he felt a great PUMP!!! Arnold loved the pump

what did arnold not do? Give 2 shits if he might be "over training"

Listen to your body, really....it will tell you when you start pushing too hard and when you do cruise for a week and go back to beating that shit up.

Nelson got it right lol

Overtraining is a myth.

Overtraining only occurs when you don't get enough recovery time during the WEEK. Not during the actual lift period itself. For example, lifting the same body part every day of the week balls to the wall THAT is an extreme example of overtraining. overtraining is not allowing your muscles to fully recover during the week for a variety of reasons including: lack of sleep, lack of rest time, lack of protein, ect.

You could exhause your muscles to the point where you cannot move them and you are NOT overtraining. It only becomes overtraining when you do not give them time to recover as the week goes along.

The harder you work your muscles in the gym the longer it takes for them to recover. If you work your muscles moderately then moderate recovery time is needed. If you work your muscles HARD then a lot of recovery time is needed. If you do 2 sets and leave the gym then basically no recovery time is needed. It all depends on how depleted your muscles are.

That is the rundown on "overtraining".

Yeah, that's why he looked like shit. Too bad guys like Ulter, Lyle mcDonald and Bill Roberts weren't around to tell him how to do it right.

ololololololol

Overtraining is a myth.

Overtraining only occurs when you don't get enough recovery time during the WEEK. Not during the actual lift period itself. For example, lifting the same body part every day of the week balls to the wall THAT is an extreme example of overtraining. overtraining is not allowing your muscles to fully recover during the week for a variety of reasons including: lack of sleep, lack of rest time, lack of protein, ect.

You could exhause your muscles to the point where you cannot move them and you are NOT overtraining. It only becomes overtraining when you do not give them time to recover as the week goes along.

The harder you work your muscles in the gym the longer it takes for them to recover. If you work your muscles moderately then moderate recovery time is needed. If you work your muscles HARD then a lot of recovery time is needed. If you do 2 sets and leave the gym then basically no recovery time is needed. It all depends on how depleted your muscles are.

That is the rundown on "overtraining".

You say overtraining is a myth and then you go onto explain what it is.

Overtraining is a reality to anyone hitting the iron hard. There's more to overtraining than just muscle recovery too. Joints, tendons and ligaments take far more time to recover. Muscle recovery is the least of my worries when the joints start aching.

Top Bottom