Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good mile time?

Lee

As of today, I jogged 2 miles in right around 20 mins. What is a good time per mile? Ive been told about 7 mins per mile, but ive also been told up to 11 mins a mile.

In reality, whatever your comfortable with ... i can go for a run, and sur eif you break it down my average mile might be about 8 - 9 minutes, but starting out im prolly around 9-10 ... not like I'm racing, just trying to get some cardio in and build the heart rate up.

So really its whats comfortable for you for now ... work on going further then work on reducing your time ...t hats my 2 cents anyways.

what good is being able to run a 6 minute mile if you can only run one of them?

Lee said:
As of today, I jogged 2 miles in right around 20 mins. What is a good time per mile? Ive been told about 7 mins per mile, but ive also been told up to 11 mins a mile.

It really depends what you goal is. A 7 minute mile is pretty good. When I played football in high school and was 165 pounds I could run a mile in 6.5 minutes. Now I think if I tried to run my knees would break from all the stress. If you arent competing and way more 200 pounds, which i know you do 7-8 minutes is quite good, especially if you havent been training for distance running.

When I was 16 I ran a round a 5 1/2 minute mile. Of course I weighed 135. Now, at 140lbs heavier, I'd be happy to make an 8 minute.:) Like RusPA said, my body feels like its going to fall apart when I run now. Kinda sucks.

yea thats how i always feel when i run, but its worth it. im gonna try to get down to 8 minute miles a month from now, ill see how it goes :D

In the marines they train you to run 3 miles in 18 minutes. My best friend (who is a marine) can do it but he's not large. Most marines are pretty skinny. There are some fucking huge ones too though, I wonder if they can still run that time.

My best has been 2 miles in 12 minutes... 6 minute miles. It isn't close to a world record... but it was the first time I out ran my dog. :)

carsbad5000_2003.jpg

Here's what I looked like this month running a 5K..

My pace was 8:45 I believe... slow by my standards.

My best mile ever is 4:56

Top Bottom