Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would happen if you ate only protein?

Seashell

El Kabong
Platinum
Like for example 90% protein, 10% fat?

I'm sure this is bad, but I need to explain to someone exactly why...

Thanks!

You'd slowly starve to death.

Your body needs the other nutrients to survive. That's the simple answer.

The other is without decent carbs, your brain is gonna work alot slower. You'll start to feel a little...um...dumb?

Not to mention, you'll have a likely have a tough time taking a shit.

It's a crappy answer I know, but just think of it that way, it's easier (maybe I need more carbs...lol!)

for a couple weeks? assuming the fat was from EFA's, not too much.. you'd drop some weight (fat and muscle) and get all the lovely side effects of ketosis.. on a long enough time line? you'd die.

There is a man that comes into the restaurant I work at 2x everyday and eats 32 oz of red meat per day or salmon is his other choice for protien. He eats greens and drinks only H2O. He is forever ill with some type of ailment. He can't sleep, can't shit and urinates constantly!

Yes he let's us all know the gruesome details of his habits. He tries many many types of supplements, new ones almost every week. A friend of mine runs a nutrition store and had to ask him to not come back to buy anything else from him...he'd make him order in new products that he'd researched and then want to return them cuz they were making him sick!

I think this man has other problems like being obsessive compulsive, I think, by the way he behaves having to sit at the same table and always aranging things just so. If his salad comes out with a few too many carrots, he sends it back.

He has become worse over the past year, and cannot figure out why. He has seen many doctors but must think they are lying to him, cuz he WILL NOT eat carbs! He has become gaunt and lost weight and the colour in his face. My bf used to work there to and knows he stuff about nutrition and bbing, tried to explain to him the need to at least give your body some carbohydrates to survive. But he continues to starve his body of some very important nutrients. He is slowly killing himself and doesn't even know it!

It's very sad to see it.

reading stuff like that makes me glad i dont have to deal with the public on a day to day basis... if some guy came into my restaurant and kept me posted on his bowel movements i'd probably burn the shit out of his food so he'd stop showing up

It's called a Protein Sparing Modified Fast and is used to cases of extreme obesity. It is NOT applicable to a bodybuilding/fitness diet because 1. Should only be used if you have a complete and total idea of what your doing because it can be dangerous and 2. You'll feel like utter shit.

Did this for 33 straight days once. 4 tablespoons of flax a day and 7 protein shakes with totals carbs about 25g. Works quite well if you are on something to keep muscle and on mega vitamins, but I wouldn't recommend it for most people.

Hmm lets see, uric acid poisoning/damage
Nephron clogging
Blood pH fucked up
Myocardial atrophy?
De-mineralization?
Some kinda hepatitis?

The question marks I made up :)

I'm sure theres tons more though.

Top Bottom